Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone-

Hope you're all having a great Memorial weekend!

I just purchased a used 2018 Teryx4 and took it for a ride today and cannot believe the amount of dust that comes into the cab. It's almost unbearable and after an hour ride, I literally look like I've been rolling around in the dirt. It has a full windshield and I'm assuming this could potentially create a vacuum of sorts in the cab area. I'm going to take the windshield off and see if this helps. Any other thoughts, ideas or products that you've used that might help can cut down on dust?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

·
Jan & Jun 2021 TOTM Winner
523 Posts
get a rear window.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
get a rear window.
Thank you, Andy. Question about the rear window. If I remove the windshield is it best not to have a rear window so air flows straight through from front to back and out or will the rear window still help even with the windshield removed?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thank you, Andy. Question about the rear window. If I remove the windshield is it best not to have a rear window so air flows straight through from front to back and out or will the rear window still help even with the windshield removed?
I bought a 2020 Teryx last summer with windshield and roof, and the dust was really bad at times. So after joining this forum which is amazing help I learned that if you put a rear window on it helps alot. And boy were they right, it makes a huge difference. 😀 I'm thinking if you don't have a windshield the air coming through the cab would hit the back window restricting air flow possibly at higher speeds.

·
523 Posts
I haven't tried that. I used mine on one trip bone stock, no windshield or back window. The dust wasn't too bad on gravel roads as long as we were in the front of the pack.

On our next trip out I had a full glass(non vented) windshield and a tusk rear window. I bought a windshield mainly to keep bugs, rocks, rain and wind off the wife and kids.

I have a relative that brought his Teryx 4 out on a trip with us last summer. He only had a non vented plastic windshield and no back window. They were covered in dust going down the road regardless of whether they followed or led.

I haven't tried running no windshield with a rear window installed. There are lots of threads about dust and rear windows around here.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello Everyone-

I just purchased a used 2018 Teryx4 and took it for a ride today and cannot believe the amount of dust that comes into the cab. It's almost unbearable and after an hour ride, I literally look like I've been rolling around in the dirt. It has a full windshield and I'm assuming this could potentially create a vacuum of sorts in the cab area. I'm going to take the windshield off and see if this helps. Any other thoughts, ideas or products that you've used that might help can cut down on dust?

I just bought Kawasaki’s OEM rear window panel. Absolutely love it Check it out in there website.

·
Registered
2019 Teryx4 LE
83 Posts
I run the SuperATV flip windshield with the tusk rear windshield. This creates a small vortex which will help huge with the dust. If I want the wind on me I flip up the windshield and this helps push the dust out and allows a nice breeze. Biggest thing for the dust is the rear windshield because these machines cause a vacuum and will suck snow and dust from the back.

No matter what, you will get dusty. Floor mats will help with the holes on the bottom. You can also pull plastics and put some foil down which will help with the engine heat and dust. Me personally, I haven’t had the need to do that yet.

Reactions: Fast Eddie

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I appreciate all of the replies and good information! I'm going to take the machine for a ride this weekend without the windshield and see if there is a big difference and will plan to purchase a rear window as I'll want to use the windshield when the weather turns cold.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I run the SuperATV flip windshield with the tusk rear windshield. This creates a small vortex which will help huge with the dust. If I want the wind on me I flip up the windshield and this helps push the dust out and allows a nice breeze. Biggest thing for the dust is the rear windshield because these machines cause a vacuum and will suck snow and dust from the back.

No matter what, you will get dusty. Floor mats will help with the holes on the bottom. You can also pull plastics and put some foil down which will help with the engine heat and dust. Me personally, I haven’t had the need to do that yet.
I also have the superATV windshield and I am really not a fan of it so far. I would have preferred to go with my gut instinct and bought Kawasaki’s new OEM full windshield. But buddy who owns Kawasaki dealership said this is the one he would choose. It just doesn’t fit well Has gaps and vibrates/“moves”a bit because of 2 piece construction.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Anyone know where to get a mesh screen for the rear on a Kawasaki Teryx 4? I like the idea of not having to have a plastic screen in the back...

·
523 Posts
Anyone know where to get a mesh screen for the rear on a Kawasaki Teryx 4? I like the idea of not having to have a plastic screen in the back...
I found this, a little pricey compared to the Tusk one I have.

I've hauled mine around in the back of my truck at for the last year without removing the rear window, it's still fine. I usually have so much crap loaded in the box I can't see out the back anyways so just drive by feel in reverse.

A buddy has the vet style back window in his commander, there wasn't much dust or mud on our last trip so I don't know how it'll do. Probably better than nothing.

·
Registered
2019 Teryx4 LE
83 Posts
I also have the superATV windshield and I am really not a fan of it so far. I would have preferred to go with my gut instinct and bought Kawasaki’s new OEM full windshield. But buddy who owns Kawasaki dealership said this is the one he would choose. It just doesn’t fit well Has gaps and vibrates/“moves”a bit because of 2 piece construction.
I had to adjust mine on the passenger side because the dealership didn’t put it on perfectly. It does have gaps. I also put a new piece of weather stripping on it and I don’t have any of the vibrations or clanging anymore.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had to adjust mine on the passenger side because the dealership didn’t put it on perfectly. It does have gaps. I also put a new piece of weather stripping on it and I don’t have any of the vibrations or clanging anymore.
Ya, I’m likely going to have to put new striping on because on each side the passenger and the drivers there is a gap. Middle fits super tight. I just feel for almost $500 it should fit like OEM. That’s why I will order a Kawasaki one here in future. The rear OEM Kawasaki window is flawless. Love it. Worth every penny.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
In my 2019 Teryx I run a Tusk glass fold down and a Tusk plastic rear window. Floor mats and cover the access to the oil dipstick under the drivers seat. I can run almost dustless with the front windshield up or down.
I also full insulation in the engine tunnel filling in many of the gaps around the panel joints and seams

·
Registered
34 Posts
In my 2019 Teryx I run a Tusk glass fold down and a Tusk plastic rear window. Floor mats and cover the access to the oil dipstick under the drivers seat. I can run almost dustless with the front windshield up or down.
I also full insulation in the engine tunnel filling in many of the gaps around the panel joints and seams
Do you have a picture of the insulation you installed?? Would be interesting to see how you did that. I was also contemplating Kawasaki’s OEM floor mats but they pricey!! It if they help with the dust I might go for them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello Everyone-

I dont like a windshield but if i use one in the winter i made a rear curtian out of a piece of canvas put metal eyes down both sides that tie to the roll bar has metal bar at top using existing roof bolts changed to longer ones i keep it rolled and can drop it down when needed i made a 12 inch viser on front with a windshield that is hinged and folds under the viser out of the way cant use flip up windshields where i ride on a lot of West VA outlaw trails

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Do you have a picture of the insulation you installed?? Would be interesting to see how you did that. I was also contemplating Kawasaki’s OEM floor mats but they pricey!! It if they help with the dust I might go for them.
I made my floor mats from a commercial outdoor rug just made the pattern from the floor I agree oh yeah I’m a real expensive format I don’t have pictures of my insulation but deranged off road has a good YouTube of how to insulate your buggy

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
No I did not take any. Deranged off-road has a good YouTube on how to remove the tunnel and insulate. For floor mat I made patterns and cut them out of Costco outdoor rugs

1 - 18 of 18 Posts