Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do my riding in Utah, mountains and desert. Dust swirling into the cab has been, and still is an issue. I have installed a cab seal kit, and the dust problem is only marginally better. My last ride was a Yamaha r-spec, and dust in the cab was not a big issue. I like the open feel of riding without a totally enclosed cab, but it seems like the huge wheels and high cab generate their own wind dynamics. I like the machine in general, but the dust is getting old. Any suggestions other than riding in streams?

Administrator
Christ is King
What is your current setup? Full/half wind shield? Rear glass?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I鈥檝e got a 1/2 windshield, mud fenders, roof, no back windshield. I mostly notice the dust swirling up from the bottom, through the doors, even with the cab seal kit.

Premium Member
There are 2 gaps around the seatbelt connections by the doors. I hit mine with spray foam, easy to chip out if I have to get to the belt fastener

Registered
Heard rear window helps somewhat. And some guy on here I thought was fooling with an air foil or small wing device on the back of the roof. Not sure what came of that though. I have a flip up windshield that has 4 different opening adjustments, and dust is coming in unless it fully closed. And then dust is coming in the side and back. No way I could have a half windscreen only. I like the adjustments on mine, but I鈥檇 rather have a full windshield over an always open or half window. A full face helmet with air line is only way I could ride without a front window.

Registered
2019 Teryx4 LE
I bought a TUSK rear windshield from Amazon...I think for like $70...Works great. I also have the SuperATV flip windshield. Adding the rear windshield really helped with the dust and snow that gets sucked in from behind. What I will say though, still going to be dust.

Mar 2021 TOTM Winner
I am nearing the point to sell the KRX as I am tired of the interior dust. We have a glass front windshield from USA Windshields, a rear windshield from Tusk, a white Kawasaki roof, the Kawasaki seal kit and the dust is still terrible. I sealed the rear holes for wire access, and the seatbelts. No monumental change with anything I have done. Our KRX interior is so dusty in comparison to the RZR鈥檚 that follow. Any help is appreciated.

Registered
I am nearing the point to sell the KRX as I am tired of the interior dust. We have a glass front windshield from USA Windshields, a rear windshield from Tusk, a white Kawasaki roof, the Kawasaki seal kit and the dust is still terrible. I sealed the rear holes for wire access, and the seatbelts. No monumental change with anything I have done. Our KRX interior is so dusty in comparison to the RZR鈥檚 that follow. Any help is appreciated.
well you could pressurize the driving cabin! Or try to vent the front or rear window just a bit. Or only ride when it鈥檚 real wet. This is a dirty hobby. Maybe try wearing a helmet with an air pumper to push fresh air into your helmet. Or go back to the poelaris rzr?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts