Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Dyna Tek CDI broke already

I bought the Muzzy power up package from my local shop in Vancouver Wa, I got the CDI installed right away and it seemed to work great. Then on Saturday I installed my new Muzzy exhuast. It still seemed to work just fine, I let the exhuast get hot as the instructions say and retourqed the pipe nuts . This morning I went out to move it to the other side of the garage and it was back fireing, I backed down the driveway and it stalled out on me. I reread the troubleshooting info and reinstalled my stock CDI, it fixed the issue, I reinstalled the Dynatek cdi and it went back to the same thing as before. This is the second CDI I have gone through. The first was the VDI unit and now the Dynatek. Has anyone else seen this? Could this be because the grounding recall on the card heaters?

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought the Muzzy power up package from my local shop in Vancouver Wa, I got the CDI installed right away and it seemed to work great. Then on Saturday I installed my new Muzzy exhuast. It still seemed to work just fine, I let the exhuast get hot as the instructions say and retourqed the pipe nuts . This morning I went out to move it to the other side of the garage and it was back fireing, I backed down the driveway and it stalled out on me. I reread the troubleshooting info and reinstalled my stock CDI, it fixed the issue, I reinstalled the Dynatek cdi and it went back to the same thing as before. This is the second CDI I have gone through. The first was the VDI unit and now the Dynatek. Has anyone else seen this? Could this be because the grounding recall on the card heaters?
Bad grounds definately cause problems but with out seeing it I couldn't tell you.

·
Registered
82 Posts
had a few bad ones as you explained, just return it and they will give you a new one. also leave your stock one in glove box for obvious reasons.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
2X has them in stock on the eastside. Unleashed UTV has them in stock on the westside!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts