Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, i put on the afe airbox kit, jet kit,dynatek cdi box,dragonfire dual exhaust, and clutch kit (with new belt), I setup the jetting as recommended in the jetting kit, and the vehicle ran good, but in the lower rpm range there was a slight misfire especially when not up to full temp, tried changing clip positions on the needles and various idle jet settings and nothing really helped, it ran good but seemed like there was more left to dial it in, so today i added iridium tip plugs and the coil kit from dynatek ($200)and...well holy shit
what a difference the power starts low and clean and just keeps pulling, it is sweet! the point is i was on the fence about spending another 2 hundred for some:drive1: damn coils.. but I could have tuned the carbs forever or longer and not gotten it right I fully endorse hot coils!!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the plugs are easy any good bike shop should have them i used NGK CR7EIX plugs. as for the coils it's a kit from Dynatek. you have to drill a couple holes to mount them but it is easy, took about 20 minutes start to finish. I order the kit direct from dynatek online.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The other day when I was working on my Teryx, I noticed how weak the spark from the stock coils was. You had to shade the plug to even see the spark. I guess I need to buy some real coils now.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Hmm interested in these myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts