Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dyno'd the teryx today and got 46 hp and 35 tq. I have the fundy stockbore trail race kit. I didnt dyno it before so Im not sure what numbers it would pull stock. A stock rhino shows about 22hp on this dyno. I have a K&N filter with some holes in the lid, and a magnaflow muffler on the stock headers. Im pretty sure with slicks and a tuned exhaust it would get well over 50hp. I am very happy with the results. It rips! My clutch is stock too.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Sounds like you have got the right combo...

973 Posts
I dyno'd the teryx today and got 46 hp and 35 tq. I have the fundy stockbore trail race kit. I didnt dyno it before so Im not sure what numbers it would pull stock. A stock rhino shows about 22hp on this dyno. I have a K&N filter with some holes in the lid, and a magnaflow muffler on the stock headers. Im pretty sure with slicks and a tuned exhaust it would get well over 50hp. I am very happy with the results. It rips! My clutch is stock too.
If you don't mind me askin...what did that kit cost?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was right around 1100 for the kit complete with pistons, rings, pins, valve springs, cams, and gaskets. I think you could probably get something similar from Four Stroke Tech for a little less.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Im wondering also,whenever my warranty runs out im gonna do something similar myself.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am very happy with it. TONS more power! Im guessing a stock teryx would probably dyno around 26hp on his dyno so Im making around 20hp more than stock at the wheels. It should be very reliable too. In the dunes its night and day difference. I think with some clutching it would be even better but Im am happy with it the way it is.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I just picked mine up from hmf got full exhaust dyno at almost 37 rwhp got the dyno sheets to with cdi box will be over 40 hp stock motor. Test air box lid on and off or little hole no matter what we tried we lost hp with air box mod of any kind!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those are great results! Was that a slip on exhaust or full? Do you know if they used dyno tires? I really think I need to try an exhaust. Muzzy's are going to be out soon. They have an equal length headers witha crossover tube than back to two silencers. Looks really good.

·
Registered
385 Posts
FULL exhaust equal length into a big single but for some unknow resone mine made 29.7 hp stock the most anybody has seen on a stock unit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts