Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

· Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
643 Posts
So I agreed to Alba Racing not to have a signature on the FedEx dropped off but they forgot to put that down. So FedEx came twice but no one was home, so I called Alba and they had to have ECU shipped all the way back to California, redo “no signature “ and send it back. Kinda frustrating!!! I don’t need it right away, but I don’t want it lost!!! In this day and age who knows what will happen. Will keep you posted. Should have it by end of week 🤞🤞
That sucks!! Mine would not allow me to do the "signature" online, but I got lucky and the driver just left it at the door anyway. Online it said that I was the one that signed for it, but I wasn't even home. It wasn't a regular Fedex truck, it one of those white rental vans so maybe the guy just didn't care... but either way, good on him, lol. I installed it this past weekend, no real issues there. With those dash console screws removed and the console wedged open a little I could get to the ECU bolts, but that bottom one is still a little tight, and of course I did drop it on the first try. I was able to see where it landed and fish it out, luckily. For my second attempt I just put a small piece of bailing wire on the screw, so it wouldn't fall if I dropped it, and got it started just fine by hand and finished with a small ratchet. Everything else was pretty straight forward, except I ended up with 6 extra push pin's and I can't figure out where they go, haha. They don't go in the fenders, I got those all clipped in, so who knows? I'm sure I'll figure out where I forgot them at some point.
I don't have any legal places to ride directly from my house, but I did take it on a little rip down the dirt road. I wasn't able to max it out because I had to be pretty stealthy, but I got up to around 57 before I had to let off. I think it is going to be a worthwhile investment for sure.

· Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Awesome to hear!!! The push pins probably go on the black cover that covers the front area of the ECU. There are like 4 or 5 push pins that snap into the front area of the cover. Basically right next to the fuse box. Also there are 2 push pins that go clear inside the front area of the fender and 2 that go clear up in the corners of the fenders. Hopefully u get them found. I always forget about the 2 inner fender ones. Right by the radiator.
Also glad to hear the Speedo goes beyond 50. I was worried the Speedo wouldn’t go any higher than 50 but super excited it reads MPH beyond.

· Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
643 Posts
Awesome to hear!!! The push pins probably go on the black cover that covers the front area of the ECU. There are like 4 or 5 push pins that snap into the front area of the cover. Basically right next to the fuse box. Also there are 2 push pins that go clear inside the front area of the fender and 2 that go clear up in the corners of the fenders. Hopefully u get them found. I always forget about the 2 inner fender ones. Right by the radiator.
Also glad to hear the Speedo goes beyond 50. I was worried the Speedo wouldn’t go any higher than 50 but super excited it reads MPH beyond.
I think you are dead on about the black cover by the fuse box... I bet I didn't put those back in! thanks...

· Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hey anytime buddy! You gave me the itch so I got my ECU in today and decided to put it in. Man what a pain in the @$$. I ended up starting bottom screw with fingers, then small hand wrench. Then I used a very small ratchet set and slipped it over the nut and used long screw from the top to hold it into place and went a “ratching” away!! Went super fast after that. Now all I have to do is get an octane booster to up the 87 octane in it for now. Wouldn’t you know she has a full tank of gas in her🤣😂🤦‍♂️🤷🏼🤦‍♂️
It will probably be tomorrow or Thursday before I get to ride it.

· Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
So I took a quick little trip down the lane and back and reached 58 miles an hour. It was funny because when I got to 50 on the speedometer, I was expecting that “hesitation”/ governor to kick in, because I’m so used to it. 😂. Was very nice to cruise 55 on the back roads knowing I’m atleast at speed limit now. Power wasn’t much different, but hopefully it’s runs better (less lean) over time like the website states. In all worth $200.

· Registered
Stock to start with...........
45 Posts
I just bought a 2022 Teryx2 S LE and am interested in the reflash because of the governor, do you need to let the warranty expire before the reflash like on most things? Thanks for any info.

Steve.........

· Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I just bought a 2022 Teryx S LE and am interested in the reflash because of the governor, do you need to let the warranty expire before the reflash like on most things? Thanks for any info.

Steve.........
No. I just bought my new 2021 last May. And sent reflash in during Christmas. Best thing I’ve done. Doesn’t sit there and bounce off governor any more. I don’t push it much past 55 anyways, just awesome now that it doesn’t hesitate all the time.
Enjoy your new ride. Congrats.

· Registered
Stock to start with...........
45 Posts
I don't think I would be running over 55 either but it's good to be able to if needed. I plan to keep it mostly stock with the exception of slightly taller tires 28's or 29's. Back glass is my first upgrade so a reflash may just be the second.

Steve..........

· Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I don't think I would be running over 55 either but it's good to be able to if needed. I plan to keep it mostly stock with the exception of slightly taller tires 28's or 29's. Back glass is my first upgrade so a reflash may just be the second.

Steve..........
I bought Kawasaki’s OEM back glass. Rear nicely constructed out of one piece. It was around $500.

Attachments

· Registered
4 Posts
Ya I read his right up. There is no way I was going to get to it through the ignition hole with my tools. I keep ya posted.
Mine is a 2023 Terex four s, I remove the dash trim cover, I remove the left side speaker next to driver side right knee, located the two mounting screws for the ECU, drill two 5/8 inch holes through the plastic, reached in with quarter inch drive extension, pulled screws right out, easy peasy , no reason to take the whole thing apart. Holes I drilled will be covered up with the dash cover

· Registered
4 Posts
Mine is a 15. We did my buddies 21 and we had to take the area for the switches off to the right and some of the hood. It was a little easier than my 15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a 2023 Terex 4 s , i pulled the front dash trim panel off, located the two mounting screws for the ECU, drilled a 5/8 inch hole in front of each screw through the dash where the trim panel mounts, pull the left side speaker out next to driver side right knee, drill second hole there for bottom screw, , use quarter inch drive 8 mm socket reach through drilled holes and pull out screws, easy pezzy ! No need to take anything else apart. Dash trim cover will cover up hole drilled.

· July & December '22 TOTM Winner
2022 Teryx SLE
254 Posts
I have a 2023 Terex 4 s , i pulled the front dash trim panel off, located the two mounting screws for the ECU, drilled a 5/8 inch hole in front of each screw through the dash where the trim panel mounts, pull the left side speaker out next to driver side right knee, drill second hole there for bottom screw, , use quarter inch drive 8 mm socket reach through drilled holes and pull out screws, easy pezzy ! No need to take anything else apart. Dash trim cover will cover up hole drilled.
How much improvement did you see with the flash? I’m planning on doing my 2022 S2 after the holidays.

· Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
643 Posts
OK I will, they said it will probably go 68, 70 mph afterwards, they’re changing the parameters for reverse, diff lock, four-wheel-drive, all the parameters are being boosted up
They may have a new flash program for the newer S models, but my 2019 LE with the Alba reflash gets me to around 62-63 mph top end and around 20 in diff lock - plus it cleans up the whole fuel curve throughout the range. It was worth the money to me.

· Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
643 Posts
How much improvement did you see with the flash? I’m planning on doing my 2022 S2 after the holidays.
If you're going to do it, you may want to consider making the purchase now as Alba always runs a great "black Friday" sale this time of year. I got mine at 50% off this time last year. You can make the purchase and wait to send it in if you're using the machine and it can't be down for a week or so. I sent mine out on a Monday from Michigan and it was done and back in my hands by Friday I believe. Keep in mind that you will have to run 90+ octane fuel with the reflash (unless that is different on a 22 model than a 19 model) - that can be a big deal these days depending on how much you ride.

· July & December '22 TOTM Winner
2022 Teryx SLE
254 Posts
If you're going to do it, you may want to consider making the purchase now as Alba always runs a great "black Friday" sale this time of year. I got mine at 50% off this time last year. You can make the purchase and wait to send it in if you're using the machine and it can't be down for a week or so. I sent mine out on a Monday from Michigan and it was done and back in my hands by Friday I believe. Keep in mind that you will have to run 90+ octane fuel with the reflash (unless that is different on a 22 model than a 19 model) - that can be a big deal these days depending on how much you ride.
Thanks for the heads up! I’m likely gonna go ahead and do this.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts