Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking at the soft top doors for my 2016 T4 from Side by Side enclosures. They are $379 plus $60 for shipping. Does anyone have any experience with them? Heres some of my concerns: I have a hard top and full windshield and was hoping that towing the machine behind my truck wont be an issue as far as wind tearing off the doors. Second thing is ya gotta unzip the window everytime you wanna get in or out which sucks but was thinking when its nice out I could just leave the window unzipped but is there a way to secure the windows out of the way? They dont roll down really, it appears they zip back so the flap would be right by your head. Will the Velcro hold up or do I need to order the snaps? Thank you

·
Registered
78 Posts
I owned the kawasaki brand soft enclosure. If this is the enclosure your looking at, I would NOT recommend it. Based on your description (unzip to get int) it seems like you may be looking at a different model/make. For some, the OEM soft cab would be suitable. The Kawi enclosure requires that you drill into your doors and you are left with little protruding plastic anchor points for the doors to pin into. These pins will break and you will be left holding your flapping door. They are not meant to hold up to cold and you will lose your factory hard top. Maybe i got a bad one, i wasnt willing to ruin another set of doors to find out. Good luck and hopefully you wont encounter the same issues i had.

·
Mat
2018 Teryx4 LE Grey Camo
16 Posts
Hey Man - I just received the soft enclosure from https://utvenclosure.com/. I went with the rivet option. Looks simple enough to install. The velcro looks heavy duty and should hold tight. They have velcro straps sewn on for holding the rolled up windows when you don't want them shut. I haven't completely installed it yet but I'll give you an update when I get it on and out for a ride the first time.

Pictures aren't great. Doesn't show it fully dry-fit. Had to remove my Velcro on handles from the top bar still.

I will add, we tried to go without ordering their back window and sewing on velcro to the one we currently have. If you don't have a heavy-duty sewing machine it's not worth the trouble. I just had to order the back window they offer because I don't want to have to file for divorce because my wife broke her sewing machine. Lol.

But to be completely honest, you can probably make do without velcroing the doors to the back window.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Man - I just received the soft enclosure from Side X Side Enclosures Utv Cab Enclosures for Yamaha Polaris Kawasaki. I went with the rivet option. Looks simple enough to install. The velcro looks heavy duty and should hold tight. They have velcro straps sewn on for holding the rolled up windows when you don't want them shut. I haven't completely installed it yet but I'll give you an update when I get it on and out for a ride the first time.

Pictures aren't great. Doesn't show it fully dry-fit. Had to remove my Velcro on handles from the top bar still.

I will add, we tried to go without ordering their back window and sewing on velcro to the one we currently have. If you don't have a heavy-duty sewing machine it's not worth the trouble. I just had to order the back window they offer because I don't want to have to file for divorce because my wife broke her sewing machine. Lol.

But to be completely honest, you can probably make do without velcroing the doors to the back window.

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Jeremy is that you ?

i simply roll the front windows back and tuck them in they stay just fine

and i have trailered mine with the sxs enclosure on up to about 80 mph and no issues

1 - 5 of 5 Posts