Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I WANT ONE
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 05 V-Force (which had the engine braking) and an 06 Brute Force. LOVED the engine braking. Does the engine braking on the Teryx work as well or does the extra weight seem to hamper it??

·
Registered
168 Posts
I am not the authority on this, however, I have found the engine breaking to be quite effective on mine. Heck to take your foot off the pedal and it slows itself pretty quick.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yeah its as good as the brute's. Just give it a little gas in low or it kinda jerks. My brute did the same thing. In high you really don't need the brake but should still use it a little to save the belt.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't own a Teryx yet, but in reading one of magazine reviews it said the engine brake wasn't very strong. They loved everything else but this was one area they didn't like.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
its nice sometimes(for going down hills) and sometimes its not,i hate slowing down everytime i let off the gas

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't own a Teryx yet, but in reading one of magazine reviews it said the engine brake wasn't very strong. They loved everything else but this was one area they didn't like.
I saw that article too. I really don't know what they are comparing it too but I have owned numerous quads before the Teryx. The only belt drives bieng a polaris 500 and a Bruter Force 650. The Kawasaki engine brake is above and beyond the poopoo I had. In 4 wheel drive the Teryx will just crawl down a hill. In 2 wheel drive it jumps a little till you give it a little throttle. On paved road in high 2 wheel it will slow you down just fine. I don't want a brake that will sling you forward or cause the rear to slide around in the mud or gravel. Actually Kawasaki's engine braking system is one of the main reasons I chose the Teryx over a rhino. Not that the rhino's have a bad system, I was just really happy with my Brute Force.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts