Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Teryx 750 LE
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After waiting almost two months for EPI to make the Teryx clutch kit, I finally recieved mine last week. This weekend I had the chance to install it. The kit basically consisted of a driven pulley spring, clutch spring and weights. With my new rivit tool taking the Teryx apart was a breeze. Total disassembly time was approximately two hours.

Here is a picture of the larger driven pulley spring.

Here it is insatlled.

Here is the picture of the clutch spring.

Here is a picture of the weights I installed per the instructions. The stock weight is on the right, EPI weight is on the left.

Here is a picture of the engine without the driven pulley or clutch assembly.

Since I was putting everything back together, I put a new belt on also. After installation and putting everything back together, a test drive was in order. All I have to say is WOW! This thing will spin the stock tires from a dead stop and will pin you back in your seat! I can not imagine how this thing will be with a CDI, Muzzy Exhaust and jet kit.

·
Teryx 750 LE
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Did you have belt slippage before? Did this kit make engagement of clutch better on take off?
I had the shutter when take off and with my larger tires, it was a little slow off the line. I adjusted the belt and did not have any belt slippage.

what was the cost and where did you purchase the clutch kit?
It's an EPI clutch kit, you can get them at any vendor. The cost was around $200.00.

·
Registered
82 Posts
did you go with the stock kit or oversize kit? we stock the oversize kit and it makes a huge difference out of the hole. it graps and locks it up just like you said. Ive been a fan of epi for years and this kit works great.

·
Teryx 750 LE
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did you go with the stock kit or oversize kit? we stock the oversize kit and it makes a huge difference out of the hole. it graps and locks it up just like you said. Ive been a fan of epi for years and this kit works great.
I got the under 3,000 elevation and oversized tires (27" to 28"). The pick up is excellent, I can hardly wait to see what the Dyno CDI will do.

·
Registered
82 Posts
yep, same kit we stock, you will love the cdi with it also. if you thinks it comes a live with the epi kit alone. they work hand in hand combining them. also nice pics for the first timers to better now what there getting into.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have 26'' Mud Bugs on mine.What would be the disadvantage of running the kit for 27'' to 28'' tires over the kit for stock size tires.I think it may just affect top speed but I am not really sure.

·
Registered
323 Posts
This will definately be one of the next mods for mine. The EPI kit I had on my Eiger made a world of difference when I added 27" 589s. Brought it almost back to stock which is saying alot on a 400cc 4x4 with heavy tires.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Not sure if I should get this or not.The EPI site list all of their kits to only be used with stock engines and exhaust.I have the cdi and I am adding intake and exhaust next week.Should I get this or wait until someone comes out with a different kit designed for use with performance mods.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i got it on my demo with the two brothers and cdi and 29.5 tires and it works great with them. we also sold a few to other customers and they said the same thing.

·
Registered
385 Posts
How do you know it works better than stock have you had it on a dyno? top speed? 0 -40 mps times? please tell me anything.

·
Teryx 750 LE
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
what was your stock speed before the kit and now after?

The only performance mod I have is a billet exhaust tip. Therefore, my stock speed is 45mph with the spedo reading 50mph. The kit does not affect overall speed (I do not think but I am NOT an expert) but instead affects the belt performance. No more shuddering when taking off (between 0-5mph), no more squeaking of the belt, etc. The clutch kit seems to hook up the transmission better with no problems. As far as times, this is all by seat of the pants, I did not perform any measuring of distances or times between two points, sorry.

How do you know it works better than stock have you had it on a dyno? top speed? 0 -40 mps times? please tell me anything.
I am just a casual rider with no access to dynos, etc. I am not a pro, owner of a performance shop, sell performance parts, etc. Just a guy who wants better performance out of his machine so I can go smoke some Rhinos! lol

·
Registered
182 Posts
I went to Walmart and bought an $8 stopwatch. By the seat of my pants, I thought performance was one thing, by the stopwatch it was something else. I did timings when I changed cdi, and spark arrestor, etc, so I knew just where I was at. I'm not interested in top speed, I just don't drive them that fast. Quickness, and responsiveness IS something I want. I think doing that, helps make the right decisions.

·
Teryx 750 LE
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I went to Walmart and bought an $8 stopwatch. By the seat of my pants, I thought performance was one thing, by the stopwatch it was something else. I did timings when I changed cdi, and spark arrestor, etc, so I knew just where I was at. I'm not interested in top speed, I just don't drive them that fast. Quickness, and responsiveness IS something I want. I think doing that, helps make the right decisions.

Granted, but what are you going to do with the current belt system with over sized tires when you are in the mud and your belt starts slipping? Wished you would have added a clutch kit? I have been there done that so you can keep your $8 stop watch from Wallyworld!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm talking in meauring quickness and responsivness, I didn't mention down in the mud. I was just saying, the stopwatch told me something that I couldn't feel. Mud...deep mud..that does indeed become a whole different issue.

So....is the only way to meaure the 'grunt', is seat of the pants?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Quickness, and responsiveness IS something I want also,keeping an eye on this topic before I buy...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts