Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a big price difference between the EPI clutch kit and the Dalton clutch kit. So is there as big a difference in these two kits ? Is the Dalton realy $179 better than the EPI ?

Also is there a better belt out there than a factory replacement ? Not that I have a problem with mine but if Im gonna put a clutch kit in I may as well put a new belt on too.

Lance

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Kawi makes one of the better belts. Clutch kit should solve most of your CVT issues.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Havnt had any issues so far other than the annoying squeal noise. I just put a set of 29.5's on it though so figure I better get a clutch kit on it or I'm gonna burn up a belt.

So with all the racers and venders posting on this site its hard to believe that noone has any information to share with me about the difference of these clutch kits.

·
Registered
82 Posts
ok, i'm running with 29.5 swamplites for over three months with epi kit for oversized tires. moose also makes the kit which is epi boxed with moose on it. we sold and installed at least a dozen kits with tires 27"-30" and not one complaint ever. just great response from all are customers. been running epi kits for years and no problems with them. havn't ran dalton kits to much, only a few times and seem just to go back to epi. as far as the belt, if you go put on a new one. keep in mind you will want to shim back to spec after 20 or so hours. after that they seem to be good for at least a 100 hours or so.

·
Registered
385 Posts
DALTON KITS why because they wont sell you a kit if it wont work or make the unit better like EPI! epi sell kit for the rhino dont work just go read what Todd from Hunterworks has to say about clutch kits.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I can't speak to the EPI unit . But I will endorse the Dalton products.

We have in excess of 200 race and test laps on our race Teryx with 4 wins out of the box . The Clutch has been bullit proof !!
Dalton stuff is on the high end quality wise for any aftermarket product.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts