Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday our EPS light come on for a short time then went off. Then it come back on and stayed. Today we took the power steering motor/pump off. Hooked direct to battery and it ran fine, never cut off. Assuming its all good... We have checked all fuses, none blown. If the motor works hooked to direct power source, its not bad- correct? So why is it not working and the EPS light coming on?
I posted on FB and someone asked if we had submerged it in water- nope..
We tried the reset function it shows on youtube and that did nothing.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have not had this issue but reading on here I remember people saying they had to try the factory reset several times to get it to go and that it was a pita.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Jan & Jun 2021 TOTM Winner
514 Posts
By chance have you checked to make sure your battery connections(and chassis grounds) are good and tight? Also make sure it's charging properly. The power steering pulls a decent amount of power and is likely one of the first parts to quit working if you're battery starts to die.

Maybe it's the fuel pump? :unsure:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
As mentioned above I would look at the power it's receiving when mounted on the machine. Based on your comments I would be suspicious of bad wiring or connections. Hook it back up on the machine and make sure you are getting power to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts