Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Teryx y-day and its awesome, but i noticed today I am getting alot of heat up between my seat and the air filter. I mean it gets so hot it gets a little hard to keep my arm on the center console. Its not so bad on the passenger side. I was just wondering if thats normal. Anyone else get this much heat?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I don't...is your fan running? Check to ensure your fan is hooked up.

Also, check your coolant level.

It will get warm, but not like that.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quick fix today

I just stuck an old towel down behind the seat where the heat comes up from the exhaust and it helped alot. Im prolly gonna get some heat shield material tomorrow and put back there where that opening is behind the seat and fix it for good.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well guys you know that the big V's put off alot of heat but I'm like them I think that is a little exsessive. I had a can am 800 and that thing would burn u plum off the seat.:FIREdevil:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I got some alumium shielded material from my buddy that owns a Trane dealership (HVAC) company and cut pieces to fit all under the plastic shrouds. I stuck it on with some 3M spray adhesive its help a bunch. It was some kind of bubble wrap that had thin alumium on both sides.

·
Registered
40 Posts
That particular area on mine is pretty warm as well. Didn't the Kawasaki engineers drive the beast before they put it up for sale? :) The suggestions offered above seem simple enough.

I imagine we'll see improvements next year. Remember, this is a first year machine!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Heat on Driver's Side

We are getting ALOT of heat also !!! I just read all of your suggestions and will probably try some....Thanks Alot !!

·
Registered
60 Posts
go down to your local auto parts or speed shop and get the heat shield wrap cloth ..we put some under the console and it made lot cooler ..get the red or black permantex gasket sealet for stickying the cloth on real easy fix we used the orange permatex because of high heat ...if u have snorkeld it pull the intake for the belt vent out and open it some more i cut some of the vent out after we snorkeld it and now the heat blow out from the back better when moving..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts