Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,589 Posts
I couldn't get your link to load, but I found something on eBay matching your description:

I removed both Cat's from my Teryx because people said it would increase performance and lower heat, and to be honest? I can't tell any difference. Something tells me you won't see any difference with this tip either, but who knows? To get the full benefit, you would have to leave the screen out and in some places, that is illegal.

·
Premium Member
2022 Teryx SLE
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I couldn't get your link to load, but I found something on eBay matching your description:

I removed both Cat's from my Teryx because people said it would increase performance and lower heat, and to be honest? I can't tell any difference. Something tells me you won't see any difference with this tip either, but who knows? To get the full benefit, you would have to leave the screen out and in some places, that is illegal.
That’s the same one I ordered. I’m hoping the exhaust tip and a re-flash will make a little more power. I’ll report back when it’s installed.

·
Premium Member
2022 Teryx SLE
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KEEP US UPDATED HOW THIS TURNS OUT. DEBATING THE REFLASH AND THIS I FEEL WOULD HELP THE EXHAUST "BREATH" BETTER IN MY OPINION.
It’s supposed to be delivered today. If it gets here in time I’ll install it and report back.

·
Premium Member
2022 Teryx SLE
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Took about fifteen minutes to install the tip. Exhaust tone is deep, but not loud. I’m happy with the sound. Throttle response is improved, and it feels stronger on the bottom end.

Haven’t removed the cat yet, hoping for a cooler day for that job. I believe the exhaust mods along with the flash will make a difference.

·
Premium Member
2022 Teryx SLE
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HAVE YOU DONE THE REFLASH ALREADY? IF SO DO YOU FEEL IT WAS WORTH IT BESIDES HIGHER TOP SPEED. IVE READ THAT IT MAKES THE AFR AND EGT BETTER.
Haven’t done the flash yet, I’d like to get a few more hours on the engine. Hopefully I’ll get it done before fall.

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
575 Posts
HAVE YOU DONE THE REFLASH ALREADY? IF SO DO YOU FEEL IT WAS WORTH IT BESIDES HIGHER TOP SPEED. IVE READ THAT IT MAKES THE AFR AND EGT BETTER.
I have the Alba Racing reflash on my 2019 LE and it does alter the AFR ratios for better all around performance. They say that the machine is set up a bit lean from the factory, so they fix the ratio to give a better all around performance curve, which should also improve the engine temps, but without adding a sensor to the machine it would be hard to say if changes in EGT are measurable or not.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the Alba Racing reflash on my 2019 LE and it does alter the AFR ratios for better all around performance. They say that the machine is set up a bit lean from the factory, so they fix the ratio to give a better all around performance curve, which should also improve the engine temps, but without adding a sensor to the machine it would be hard to say if changes in EGT are measurable or not.
HOW LONG HAVE YOU HAD THE REFLASH? ANY ISSUES WITH IT? DO YOU RUN SPEED PAST 50 FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME?

·
Jan, Jun, Oct 2021, Feb 2022 TOTM Winner
831 Posts

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
575 Posts
HOW LONG HAVE YOU HAD THE REFLASH? ANY ISSUES WITH IT? DO YOU RUN SPEED PAST 50 FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME?
I've only had it since last November and I haven't been on any real long rides with it yet, just cruising the dirt roads and around a local off road park. I haven't had any issues with it at all, I think it is a good reliable tune. I've had it up over 60 for short bursts but not for long periods. If I'm cruising the dirt roads I will run right about 50 mph or so for longer stretches, and that is comfortable because it's not bouncing off the rev limiter anymore and I don't need to go any faster than that really. I'm not sure that I will get up to the dunes this year to really test it hard for any kind of overheating type issues but I don't suspect that it will be any different from what I can tell now. I plan to make it street legal in the next year or so, so I may consider a CVT fan when I do that, but so far it's been great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts