Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have 4 2021 Teryx KRX 1000 units and are having an issue with the lug nuts stripping on them at 85-90 ft lbs. At first they were dry. Then we did with a light coat of anti-seize with no different results. Has anyone else had this same issue ???

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Are you sure your torque wrench is reading correctly? And just to make sure we are on the page, you replaced the studs and nuts the first time they stripped out?

I've always used anti-seize on every wheel stud and never had a problem. Probably had 100's of wheels off on many different vehicles over the last 20 years

·
Registered
2020 T2
30 Posts
Are you sure your torque wrench is reading correctly? And just to make sure we are on the page, you replaced the studs and nuts the first time they stripped out?

I've always used anti-seize on every wheel stud and never had a problem. Probably had 100's of wheels off on many different vehicles over the last 20 years
THIS! I learned my torque was off with a oil drain plug....... Since then I've learned sometimes you're better off with your ******* senses and hand tightening.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
THIS! I learned my torque was off with a oil drain plug....... Since then I've learned sometimes you're better off with your *** senses and hand tightening.
Can't say I've every used a torque wrench on an oil drain plug! I've installed a LOT of tire and wheels on vehicles without a torque wrench over the years, though nowadays I usually do. Will never say it's a bad idea to torque wheels just to make sure, but if you have any experience you can get pretty close.....and there is a pretty broad range of torque you can put on a wheel before you have issues one way or another.

·
Registered
2020 T2
30 Posts
Can't say I've every used a torque wrench on an oil drain plug! I've installed a LOT of tire and wheels on vehicles without a torque wrench over the years, though nowadays I usually do. Will never say it's a bad idea to torque wheels just to make sure, but if you have any experience you can get pretty close.....and there is a pretty broad range of torque you can put on a wheel before you have issues one way or another.
Yeah this was when I first got her and was being overly cautious and doing everything exactly per manual. It's in there!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts