Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FBT here.
Old guy rearranging my $ to get a SXS. Have been waiting for this machine to arrive since the rumors started. Pretty much decided it is the one for me.
Gotta sell my Bug and scrape up a few more bucks, then it'll be my turn. I am looking forward to reading about the ride impressions, and seeing the mods hit the market.

·
Official Booyaa Crew Member
166 Posts
welcome. tell us about the Bug!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
welcome. tell us about the Bug!
Jimmy;

It is a 65 on a 70 pan, very, very clean but not a show car.
Fresh 1776 w/CB044 heads, new AC.net P-rods, new barrels, new pistons rings, new dual 35mm Solexes set up by Aircooled.net. New Kymco header, kym. fatboy,kym heaterboxes, all Jethot coated. Newer interior, uncut stock dash, etc. etc.
I don't want to sell it, but gotta. Got over 8k in it, will take 6, but no less.
Ain't gonna give, "Zippy" away. I still enjoy the heck out of buzzing around the hills with it.;)
When I bought it the p.o. had done the interior, all the bushings are urethane, front beam has new B.J.'s, and one adjuster.
Rear CV's were fresh, the wheels are powdercoated (even the spare) as is the engne tin.

I have more pics & info if you are interested, but don't know if this is the place to put them

·
Registered
946 Posts
Nice car FBT!

I restored my first car at the age of 14. 67 bug, body off resto, on a irs 69 pan with four wheel 914 disc brakes. 2110, dual 44 webers. Not a day goes by that I dont kick myself in the ass for selling it. I'll dig up some pictures shortly!

Welcome!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Brian.
I love these little cars.

Here is the one I really didn't want to sell.

It was hand built by me and a couple of friends.
Destroyed my back at work, can't work anymore, can't take the pounding in the sand anymore. Hoping to do the Teryx as a way to stay camping and keep up with friends.
I am sure I'll wind up trying to get one of the long travel shops to do a supersmooth long travel kit.
Surgery sucks. Don't want to have to do that again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts