Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got our new STD Red Tyrex last thursday. Friday by lunch we'd installed a set of CK184 pistons and Web 150I's (had them on the shelf). Also, have the vdi harness (already have a VDI) on the way for it. We'll be retrofitting a KFX700 HMF to it till Big Gun releases their Full System (should be about 2 weeks). Also, put a brute force multi meter in the dash. It's very accurate. Checked it with gps.

As soon as we got done with it friday (stock cdi and exhaust) a rzr pulled up at my shop from down the road. I asked if he wanted to run them. He smurked "sure". So we lined them up. 300' pull the kaw pulled 5 lenghts, the rzr was in 2wd so they ran agian. THe kaw then pulled 3 lenghts. It was amazing. well atleast to the rzr it was, He didn't know what we did. LOL!
Next and final race I rode with the kaw driver and gave the rzr a lenght and the go. 300' we caught him and put one on him. LOL! I know I'll get blitzed for this but I'll have vids after this weekend.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Man lets see those vids,there is a guy around named neverrideahonda that loves to bust the rex out every chance he gets.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It runs great. Yeah, the dash just plugs in. The only weird thing is the belt light acts as the parking brake light.
I know neverride, He loves those rhino's. We'll give him something to see this weekend.

The fuel gauge doesn't work because there is no sending unit.

·
Registered
162 Posts
This is all great info! Do you guys sell motor stuff for the Teryx? Im just trying to get an idea of how much its all going to cost me.:icon_rockwoot:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Flynt--

How big of a difference would adding just the Web150's make?

Is it a waste of time to do it without changing the pistons?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Are you sure they have the sending unit? I was under the impression that they didnt?

Yeah, the LE's have the sending unit.

Yes we do alot of custom stuff for the kaw ute's that will cross over on the utv's.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
good to see ya over here flynt,i know what you can do to the brutes!!looking forward to those videos

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey PJ! What's up? Yeah, we've got this Rex smokin. I can't wait till this weekend at BIDS we're going to have a ball with it!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
still waiting on mine,but thats good news outrunning that razr!!make sure to get some vids this weekend!

hows the 916 doing?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts