Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installing the Fundy Powersports stock bore trail/race motor kit in my teryx (11:1 pistons, cams, valve springs). I LOVE the new power of my teryx! Rode around with my friend with a rzr all weekend at the dunes. We only raced a few times. Once up the mountain and a few flat drags. We were pretty close on all races. I pulled him on the flats a little, and we were pretty even on the long sand hill climb, but here is the catch... He was running Skat track paddles and I was running heavy 26" bighorns! With equal tires I think I would have killed him everywhere! Im still not sure it is tuned in perfect so im taking it to the dyno this week. Ill report how it goes.

One other thing. This was my first 4stroke motor build I have done, and it was a sinch. The hardest part was getting to the motor. I actually enjoyed working on it. Im looking forward to doing a big bore kit in the future. Might wait for the fuel injection models though.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Thats great, i almost went with a standard bore kit too. what exhaust and jetting are you running?
I also enjoyed working on this motor once you get past all those *$#^%!#%!&%#$*ing plastic clips that are holding everything down!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah all the crap you have to remove before getting to the motor is a pain! I fabbed up a magnaflow muffler on the stock headers for now. It was cheap and sounds good but I dont know if its helping much. I want to build custom headers like yours, but have not had the time or all the parts. I have enough prebent 1,5/8 tube, but I dont have flanges or a collector. Chase, where did you get your exhaust flanges and tube?

My jetting is at 160, 165. One shim on the needles, and a few holes in the lid. Im at about 4500-5000ft elevation. Im sure a full exhaust would help a lot. When I get it on the dyno Im going to play with the jetting and holes in the lid to see if I can get it to make more power.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Skat trak paddles not only run better in the sand, but are way lighter. Also 26" bighorns are at least comparable to a 27" tire. I have 25" bighorns and they are at least an inch taller than my 25" terra cross. Loose rotational weight first and then help you self with a smaller tire for wheel speed and you will get that rzr.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im not sure because i dont have the speedo or GPS. It will bounce off the rev limiter with my 26" bighorns. (dyna CDI).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts