Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if its part of the first service to check and tighten the belt. Im breaking mine in now and i think the belt is a little loose.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just made my appointment for my 20 hour service. They guy said they check everything; top end, bottom end, the belt and chasis. I noticed mine was slipping and read somewhere in here the belt will loosen during break in.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you ever get your first service done, If so did they tighten belt? Mine has been in shop for week and half and they say they dont have tools to tighten belt so they ordered them and they are on backorder!!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are they supposed to do that? Are we supposed to tighten belt and adjust valves ourselves. They dont want me taking motor apart!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Look in your owners manual, it breaks down exactly what is to be done during the initial service.

The belts and the valves are not looked at.

·
Registered
52 Posts
So after more research, I have concluded;

The dealer needs a reason to charge $440 for a tune up!
Im buying a CDI with that money and doing the service myself.

dieselpowered, you are correct, the belt is left alone. The valve clearance is inspected and adjusted if needed. Its in the manual and the dealer confirmed it as part of the first service.

Unsure why I began thinking the belt deflection needed checking, maybe the dealer put the idea in my head, maybe I took someone elses post as the ultimate truth.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts