Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to pickwick TN this weekend, got to test the Teryx off road, running in 4wd not locked it turns effortlessly but not that effective in traction, i found myself leaving it i 4wd when climbing hills and using the locker on the fly on and off, really nice system as you dont have to stop on a steep hill to lock it in. the power was great in the hill climbs it would actually gain speed up the hills instead of slowing down like my rhino, suspension soaked up everything i threw at it, did some high speed drifting on fire roads, it would powerslide no problem never got on 2 wheels, very stable machine, i rode a few tight trails and you could tell it was bigger than a rhino, but if your not worried about a few scratches its fine. low gear is a beast, rarely used it ran in high gear most of the day, in the rhino it was 50/50 for high and low, i would never attempt to climb some of these hills in a rhino or rzr in high gear but the v twin in the teryx would do it with ease. whatever the speed limiter is set at isnt high enough, i found myself hitting the limiter often. splash protection was great, i hit some water and mud running 40+ and stayed clean as a whistle,crossed some creeks and the floorboard drains worked quickly to drain the water. glovebox is huge holds alot of crap, anyways thats all i can think of now.

973 Posts
I was at Glamis over the weekend for the Rhino Crash and my Teryx kicked @$$! I was beatin Rhinos with ease. I even went up Oldsmobile Hill in reverse. They also jump very nice. Ill try and post some videos when I get home and I'm not doind this on my phone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
how dose the stock teryx vrs.rhino go up olds hill ???? speed wise are they neck and neck with rhinos ?
i know tires and paddles have everything to do with it, but with comparable tires ??

you mentioned up olds hill in reverse ??? wow ..... we need some video of the beast climbing dunes!!! olds would be a good one :}

1 - 11 of 11 Posts