Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well this was the first weekend that I really put my Trex through its paces. I have taken it easy as I am still recovering from a broken kneecap from a dirtbike accident. Anyway I really took it on alot of the trails that I usually ride with my dirtbike. I was very impressed, it was great, never overheated and did most everything in 4wd high, only dropped into 4wd low for one hill that was real steep and plagued with large rocks and plagued with ruts. It took it all with stride.
The only thing that did not go as well as planned was one point where on a steep hill I had to cross a deep rut to reach the other side of the trail, the rut runs right down the middle of the hill, so you have to take it at an angle, so I ended up with driver front wheel way in the ari, it did not tip but I thought it would.
I am still debating on the suspension, I will go for better shocks, but I am not sure about long travel as it might limit some of the trails I go on.
I will also go for the ECM, however I really do not need more speed for the trails I ride, more power yes, but not really more speed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Interesting review, thank you.

Picking up my Teryx next Wednesday and am trying to obsorb all that I can about them ... you helped some.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've been out to the desert 3 times now. Had it up on 3 wheels for a few seconds going up a hill in 4wd also(normal for any machine) but for the most part was in 2wd all the time. The suspension is great for a stock machine! I have heard alot of posative reviews on the Teryx over the Rhino... I haven't ever been in a rhino, but I am very happy with the Teryx to say the least. The suspension soaked up the whoops well, I was very impressed. The power while "tuned down" stock is great. It's a very well built machine. The Frame is beefed up over the Rhino. Saw that again this weekend at the local shop...Plus at 4 inches wider it feels very stable while cordering...

Good Luck on your purchase Lobo!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've been out to the desert 3 times now. Had it up on 3 wheels for a few seconds going up a hill in 4wd also(normal for any machine) but for the most part was in 2wd all the time. The suspension is great for a stock machine! I have heard alot of posative reviews on the Teryx over the Rhino... I haven't ever been in a rhino, but I am very happy with the Teryx to say the least. The suspension soaked up the whoops well, I was very impressed. The power while "tuned down" stock is great. It's a very well built machine. The Frame is beefed up over the Rhino. Saw that again this weekend at the local shop...Plus at 4 inches wider it feels very stable while cordering...

Good Luck on your purchase Lobo!
Thanks. Heading to Beartooth Kawasaki in Red Lodge Montana for it.

Is your Teryx basically stock? Any belt issues with it?

Mine will be used mostly for hunting and some rock climbing here in Nevada.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Mine is mostly stock for now...As for the belt...no weird noises at this time... seems smooth to me...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts