Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reacjing out to see what oils you guys run in the engine and diffs. Is there a replacement for the Kawasaki wet brake and gear lube that is recommended.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I buy my stuff from my dealer so they have record that I am using Kawasaki approved fluids for warranty purposes. I tell my parts crew what I am doing and they hook me up. For instance, they have sold me Yamaha and Honda motor oils, besides Kawasaki, and assured me that my warranty is safe. So far, so good because I haven't made a claim.

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,201 Posts
I prefer to use the Kawasaki oils, but I have used other brands without issue. As long as the oil has the required protections in it, you should be fine. The most specialized one is the wet brake oil in the rear diff. The front diff and engine use the same oil. If I can't get the Kawasaki oil for those, I use Valvoline ATV/Motorcycle oil.

·
Administrator
4,012 Posts
You won't go wrong using Kawasaki fluids. I also like Amsoil. I've used their fluids for over a decade, in various applications, and have had good results.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Engine Oil
Grade: Kawasaki Performance 4-Stroke ATV/UTV Oil*
Kawasaki Performance 4-Stroke Semi-Synthetic Oil*
Kawasaki Performance 4-Stroke Full Synthetic Oil*
or other 4-stroke oils with API SG, SH,SJ, SL, SM and JASO MA, MA1, MA2 rating
Viscosity:
SAE 10W-40
Capacity: 3 .4 L (3.6 US qt)
[when filter is not removed]
3.6L(3.8USqt)
[when filter is removed]

4.0L(4.2USqt)
[when engine is completely dry]

Front Final Gear Case Oil
Oil Capacity: 0.92 L (0.97 US qt)
Type: API“GL-5”Hypoidgearoil
Viscosity: above 5°C (41°F) SAE 90
below 5°C (41°F) SAE 80

Rear Final Gear Case Oil
Oil Capacity:0.98 L (1.04 US qt)
Type:Kawasaki Performance Gear and Wet Brake Oil*
or equivalent (Mobil Fluid 424,Citgo Trans gard Tract or Hydraulic Fluid, Exxon Hydraul 560)

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Reacjing out to see what oils you guys run in the engine and diffs. Is there a replacement for the Kawasaki wet brake and gear lube that is recommended.
I run Amsoil in everything I own and they do make a substitute for both the front and rear diffs, as well as the engine oil of course.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I guess I m different. I run Kubota Super UDT II (Synthetic hydraulic trans fluid) in the rear diff since I have a couple of Kubotas. It really knocked back the gear whine. Amsoil in the front diff and Shell Rotella T6 in the engine with a Mobil 110 filter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts