Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I took the Tyrex out for the first real desert trip today. That things kicks a%#. I went with guys who ride jeeps and kept up with them on everything they went on out in Truck Haven. What a blast. learned a safety lesson; you can roll the Tyrex on its side. Luckily we were in soft sand so my passenger brother only bruised his right leg pretty badly when we rolled to his side doing brodys. I have already got 4-point seatbelts ordered but I would suggest that if you don't have them already; when they come out, get doors for both sides. The factory equipped seatbelts don't keep that lower body secured.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Glad ya'll made it out with just a few bumps..That is exactly why Yamaha retro'ed all Rhinos with doors. I'm surprised Kawi didnt learn from thier law suits. Lot's of boneheads were hurt by insinctivly puting out a leg thinking they could keep a 1200 pound machine from rolling over... Get some sort of leg minder, and YES get the 4 point harneses as soon as you can.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The Rhinos had lots of different versions of them, but basicly it was a short door or net that was tall enough to keep your legs in in the event of a roll over... here is a pic of the Simpson nets, I had a set on my Rhino B4 Yamaha gave away the doors...

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, ya he would have been totally fine had there be something to keep his legs in. I have not been able to find doors for ths Tyrex yet. So, if anyone has a website/link/company that makes some after-markets ones; let me know.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh my god we had a blast! There is nothing the Teryx can't do. That thing is awesome. I am ordering doors from Dragon Fire Racing...1 pair for $175.00. I am sure I will roll it again!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts