Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I’m up in Alberta. Has anyone else been forced into Kawasaki accessories they didn’t want. I have a deposit on a new teryx 4 sle I’m picking up next week and it has $2200 worth of accessories I didn’t really want. This dealer and a couple others I have talked to said Kawasaki won’t let them sell them without the stuff or they won’t get their allotment. One dealer I talked to was in Montana. Any idea how to talk to Kawasaki directly or anyone else deal with this?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Winch and full front window.
Holy cow...$2200!!!

Winch is like $600 and Front windshield is around $400ish. They want over $1000 for installation. I would tell them to get BENT!!!

I have the SuperATV split windshield, Kawasaki's OEM rear windshield, rear/front OEM floor mats, OEM Hifonics stereo, Harbor freight 5k winch, OEM rear view mirror, side mirrors, OEM rear cargo box, and Ryco turn kit and I am right at $3K

That's a total rip-off. I can see your frustrations!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh for sure it’s frustrating. 1200 for winch and 1000 for windows…. Multiple dealers saying Kawasaki is forcing them to sell them with the stuff on them. I said, “ I don’t want that winch. If it’s an accessory thing I will buy a tool box for back. He said he would talk to Kawasak.” Talked to me next day and said they wouldn’t go for it. So I’m going to phone kawasaki directly if I can

·
Jan, Jun, Oct 2021, Feb 2022 TOTM Winner
798 Posts
Did you buy a showroom model with accessories already added or did you order one then the bolted on a bunch of stuff and are charging you for it? Give amvic a call if they're doing the latter. You should be able to buy one with no crap added on. You might have to order it and wait though...If they won't do that then I'd check elsewhere.

I bought my 2020 new at Coopers in Edmonton off the showroom floor. All that was added to it was a big stupid sticker on the hood. They had one other one that was still in the crate but it was blue and I didn't want to wait for them to put it together. Kawi had a free winch promo at the time. I made sure I got that thrown in and written on the bill. I had to clarify that I didn't want them to install it otherwise they probably would have charged some stupid $500 install fee.

My cousin bought one up north in around 2018, it might have been from Peace River? I don't know the details but it came with a full plastic Kawi windshield and he got taken advantage of going through their financing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It can naked and the dealer is installing the accessories, I told him before he received the unit that I did not want the accessories but he would not sell it to me without installing them. I just talked to Kawasaki and they said they sell the units to the dealer and cannot force them to do anything but Kawasaki will not accept returns on accessories so dealer is probably forcing them to get rid of them.

·
798 Posts
That's retarded. I'd just buy elsewhere if they're gonna pull that crap. See what amvic has to say.

Here's one advertised with no accessories added.
$20,699.00
Pricing excludes licensing and tax

Here's one in grand prairie for $1200 more.

2022 Kawasaki TERYX4 S LE
$21,899.00
*Prices may not include dealer-added accessories, freight, PDI and taxes.
I wonder if this is one of those dealers that adds stuff on.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Ya that is total BULL$h!t. Kawasaki is not forcing them. The dealership bought the accessories, and installed them and wants to stiff the consumer for the bill. I would definitely go somewhere else. If you wanted to come to the states, my buddy owns a shop in Yankton, SD and will treat you right!!

·
Registered
2021 Teryx4 LE S
41 Posts
Tough situation because if it's anything like here in Ontario, the limited number of units that the dealer's are getting are being sold before they even hit the floor. Dealers totally taking advantage of consumers because they know their options are limited. I paid above MSRP last year for my S LE and didn't get any accessories, however I wanted it and there were none available anywhere around me. My sales guy's next call was to tell a customer that his order wasn't even getting built anymore and he's SOL.

·
Premium Member
2022 Teryx SLE
125 Posts
My 2022 S2 came with the KRK polycarbonate windshield and the plastic roof. They were priced the same as in the Kawasaki catalog, so I bought them. As much trouble as I had finding a machine to buy, I was happy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tough situation because if it's anything like here in Ontario, the limited number of units that the dealer's are getting are being sold before they even hit the floor. Dealers totally taking advantage of consumers because they know their options are limited. I paid above MSRP last year for my S LE and didn't get any accessories, however I wanted it and there were none available anywhere around me. My sales guy's next call was to tell a customer that his order wasn't even getting built anymore and he's SOL.
That is the problem, no machines around and the dealers know it. If I don’t buy this one it’s September maybe before I get one :(

·
Registered
2014 Teryx 4, 800
3 Posts
Hey guys, I’m up in Alberta. Has anyone else been forced into Kawasaki accessories they didn’t want. I have a deposit on a new teryx 4 sle I’m picking up next week and it has $2200 worth of accessories I didn’t really want. This dealer and a couple others I have talked to said Kawasaki won’t let them sell them without the stuff or they won’t get their allotment. One dealer I talked to was in Montana. Any idea how to talk to Kawasaki directly or anyone else deal with this?

·
Registered
2014 Teryx 4, 800
3 Posts
You may want those add ons, I bought mine and now I am adding on accessories.....

·
798 Posts
I don't think what the forced add on accessory dealer is right but if you want one really bad that might be your only option. Unfortunately if you don't buy it the next guy will. And they know that. I don't know if that's legal or not, probably is unless you already paid for a stock machine or have an invoice/agreement with out the door price on it.

I guess right now it comes down to how bad do you want one....

I know someone who's actively looking for either a Teryx4 or a Wolverine X4. The yamaha dealers said that all the 2022's that are coming in are already sold. One dealer offered to put them on a list and maybe buy a 2023 when they get one sometime next year.

For the Teryx, there's just none around. If you find one in Alberta that you don't want let me know! The dealer in Peace River that I posted in a previous post doesn't have any in stock and none of the dealer around Edmonton do either.
One dealer in Leduc (SRT?) claims they'll be getting one in within 3-4 weeks and want a $500 non-refundable deposit. I wonder how many people leave deposits? They outright refused to give me an all in price when I called a few years ago. So bought elsewhere.

People want near new prices for used models still. So if you really want one you can either over pay by a couple grand and get a new machine now, wait and hope show up elsewhere for a lower price or find a used over priced one and hope it's good.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I over paid probably around $2.5K all together for mine, but at least I will get to use it and not have to wait for a year. After this supply system crap is done with, I will never buy from that dealer again. This is my second bike I had bought there along with other purchases over the years

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I don't think what the forced add on accessory dealer is right but if you want one really bad that might be your only option. Unfortunately if you don't buy it the next guy will. And they know that. I don't know if that's legal or not, probably is unless you already paid for a stock machine or have an invoice/agreement with out the door price on it.

I guess right now it comes down to how bad do you want one....

I know someone who's actively looking for either a Teryx4 or a Wolverine X4. The yamaha dealers said that all the 2022's that are coming in are already sold. One dealer offered to put them on a list and maybe buy a 2023 when they get one sometime next year.

For the Teryx, there's just none around. If you find one in Alberta that you don't want let me know! The dealer in Peace River that I posted in a previous post doesn't have any in stock and none of the dealer around Edmonton do either.
One dealer in Leduc (SRT?) claims they'll be getting one in within 3-4 weeks and want a $500 non-refundable deposit. I wonder how many people leave deposits? They outright refused to give me an all in price when I called a few years ago. So bought elsewhere.

People want near new prices for used models still. So if you really want one you can either over pay by a couple grand and get a new machine now, wait and hope show up elsewhere for a lower price or find a used over priced one and hope it's good.
there is one in Regina last I heard but is super over priced…

1 - 20 of 20 Posts