Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys better watch dealing with this nut case:wind1:Do yourselves a favor and search the net on the big baloo:beer2:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just do some seaching on the net see all the people he has screwed. kawieriders.com is a good place to start.....

·
I WANT ONE
202 Posts
I just went and did searches on Kawieriders and could not find a bad word anywhere. Post a link. I gotta read it before I will believe it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Good ol' Mickey Onelap! He's always first out in the magazines (bribery does wonders to get your stuff printed!) but the reliability of some of his stuff is not the best. He can be a real pain working with if you have issues. The customer is usually wrong in his way of dealing with people. He builds some really fast stuff, but ya need to finish the race not just win the holeshot :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
So I see Snickers gotta bring his BS to this site. I dont know who you are hiding behind this name but I have a good suspicion!! KR has a small group of guys that have it out for Mickey big time. I was a KR addict, but I dont spend much time on there anymore. Mickey is a very good person, but has a habit of telling people the way it is even if they dont want to hear it. He doesnt sugar coat anything, sometimes not the best for business but you wont get a song and dance with him either. He has done 4 motors for me and has sponsored me for a race season also, ive known him since 2001 and have never had any problems doing business with him or any of his products. Bottom line is he makes the best products for the best price in the Kawie V-Twin industry. Give him a call and talk to him yourself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
See ole onelap is about done over on kawieriders.com One of his only backers over there is xchump:boohoo: Onelap goes from site to site selling his crap till he fuvcks enough people then he moves on like what he is going to do here.:tent6: I have had his stuff before I was one of the lucky ones I guess. Here is some more reading on Tricky Mickey. drag! - KawieRiders.com Forums

·
Vendor
2,438 Posts
Thanks for your concern guys about fst we will be on the lookout for bad vendors and suppliers but to sign on here and just start talking shit about them doesnt seem real fair ....thanks for the words of caution we will be on the look out for bad vendors but so for we have some happy FST people here only time will tell

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for your concern guys about fst we will be on the lookout for bad vendors and suppliers but to sign on here and just start talking shit about them doesnt seem real fair ....thanks for the words of caution we will be on the look out for bad vendors but so for we have some happy FST people here only time will tell

I understand, but it is not fair how Dunlap has treated other people on other Forums either. This was posted as a caution.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I understand, but it is not fair how Dunlap has treated other people on other Forums either. This was posted as a caution.
So are you done now??? You cautioned everyone, no you can leave! Anyone looking to do business with Mickey, just call him and make your own assessments. His products have been proven all over the county!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So are you done now??? You cautioned everyone, no you can leave! Anyone looking to do business with Mickey, just call him and make your own assessments. His products have been proven all over the county!
Nope I'm going to be on him like a Mississippi Leg hound:butt1:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ok, I'll pipe in here again, and this is not an attack on Mickey, but just my observations of about 14 years of being on the net on ATV sites, and chat rooms. Mickey does put out generally a decent product, but I have heard many many reports over the years of failures, and extremely poor customer service.

I have heard some real horror stories over the years How Mickey has been downright offensive and insulting to his customers and refused to stand by his work. If it was just one or two instances I could understand that, but I have heard of many myself directly from the people involved and have read about numerous others.

The way I see it, after 14+ years of reading about him, is he is very good at marketing, by getting products to magazine editors who get the stuff free. They write about his stuff in the magazines, and sells a lot of product to a lot of the people reading those magazines. The Problem comes in when you have problems. He is not so good about standing behind his product and providing good service to his customers. I had not read about him on Kawie riders before snickers brought it up in this thread, but reading it did not surprise me at all, I have seen it repeated time and time again in various ATV forums, and discussed ad nauseum in chat rooms over the years.

Based on what I have heard, I would not take my chances with his products, They might be OK, they might be great. The problem is I don't know that he would stand behind his products, and I am not willing to risk my hard earned money on that chance. If he gave me a free motor for my Teryx I might consider it, since I would not be risking my own money :)

·
Banned
1,090 Posts
Ok, I'll pipe in here again, and this is not an attack on Mickey, but just my observations of about 14 years of being on the net on ATV sites, and chat rooms. Mickey does put out generally a decent product, but I have heard many many reports over the years of failures, and extremely poor customer service.

I have heard some real horror stories over the years How Mickey has been downright offensive and insulting to his customers and refused to stand by his work. If it was just one or two instances I could understand that, but I have heard of many myself directly from the people involved and have read about numerous others.

The way I see it, after 14+ years of reading about him, is he is very good at marketing, by getting products to magazine editors who get the stuff free. They write about his stuff in the magazines, and sells a lot of product to a lot of the people reading those magazines. The Problem comes in when you have problems. He is not so good about standing behind his product and providing good service to his customers. I had not read about him on Kawie riders before snickers brought it up in this thread, but reading it did not surprise me at all, I have seen it repeated time and time again in various ATV forums, and discussed ad nauseum in chat rooms over the years.

Based on what I have heard, I would not take my chances with his products, They might be OK, they might be great. The problem is I don't know that he would stand behind his products, and I am not willing to risk my hard earned money on that chance. If he gave me a free motor for my Teryx I might consider it, since I would not be risking my own money :)

See this is where I have a problem. I stand behind my stuff better then anyone in the industry. I bend over backwards for people to help them even when it's not my problem. Having said that when you don't give someone what they think they should get,then there is a problem. I have a even bigger problem with liers and cheats. I don't care how much it hurts my business I will not be lied about on the net. I don't care who it is aftermarket or MFG.s you guys can just pop on the net and say what ever you want right or wrong and think it's OK. I see it all the time from someone saying brand X tires are junk cause they didn't last as long as stockers to this or that quad is junk because it ran out of gas too quick. It doesn't matter what it is some of the stupidest people come on these forums and just go into a rant.The problem is I am on here, you don't see too many top players on here do you. The reason is most of them have told me they would say the samething as I do so they have to stay off. You guy lose because of this but it is what it is. What I am saying is because I stand up for what I believe is the truth, I know it can hurt my business but when I know I am right I don't back down. If you are the kind of person that doesn't like that then don't do business with me. If your the kind of person that gives me the time to help you,do your job right and give you good service then welcome. So if you read what I say and understand you work with me I'll work with you we will have no problem. Run your mouth on the net before coming to me like some have, we will have a problem.

Having said all that I have had motors blow, parts problem or just plain brain farts myself. When or if I do, like I said I stand behind everything better then anyone in the industry. To me it's really up to the customer how he gets treated, but oh my you don't want to think it is the customer that is wrong!

·
Registered
60 Posts
See this is where I have a problem. I stand behind my stuff better then anyone in the industry. I bend over backwards for people to help them even when it's not my problem. Having said that when you don't give someone what they think they should get,then there is a problem. I have a even bigger problem with liers and cheats. I don't care how much it hurts my business I will not be lied about on the net. I don't care who it is aftermarket or MFG.s you guys can just pop on the net and say what ever you want right or wrong and think it's OK. I see it all the time from someone saying brand X tires are junk cause they didn't last as long as stockers to this or that quad is junk because it ran out of gas too quick. It doesn't matter what it is some of the stupidest people come on these forums and just go into a rant.The problem is I am on here, you don't see too many top players on here do you. The reason is most of them have told me they would say the samething as I do so they have to stay off. You guy lose because of this but it is what it is. What I am saying is because I stand up for what I believe is the truth, I know it can hurt my business but when I know I am right I don't back down. If you are the kind of person that doesn't like that then don't do business with me. If your the kind of person that gives me the time to help you,do your job right and give you good service then welcome. So if you read what I say and understand you work with me I'll work with you we will have no problem. Run your mouth on the net before coming to me like some have, we will have a problem.

Having said all that I have had motors blow, parts problem or just plain brain farts myself. When or if I do, like I said I stand behind everything better then anyone in the industry. To me it's really up to the customer how he gets treated, but oh my you don't want to think it is the customer that is wrong!
Mickey, In every case where I have heard from the person with the problem,was asking if they have contacted you. People had issues with never getting called back, or accused of misdeeds of causing damage to the motor, etc. It seemed to be pretty universal that people had trouble getting a solution from you, so they resorted to talking about the problem to others and see if there was others that knew what would work to get you to respond to their problems. With the explosion of the net, it gave people a way to come together and discover common problems with all sorts of companies. It helped expose companies that made shoddy products or had poor customer service. It gave the buyer a chance to see for themselves before they bought products if the company was reputable.

The net truly changed the dynamic for business/customer relationships, and now people Google companies and look for reviews or problems and then they are able to go in informed and educated before buying.

Are their liars and troublemakers out there? Sure, but as you mentioned you make mistakes, as do customers. When you see a pattern over a period of years, you are able to base an opinion on someone or some company. That is where I am coming from.

I feel you have issues with customer service and if I may be so blunt to say so, I think it is likely your personality than it is anything else. When you say if someone talks bad about you then you will be essentially in attack mode. Seems like a poor way to solve a problem. Of course, it's your business, and you can run it as you wish, but over time opinions and feedback will be heard by enough people and it will be archived in threads in vqarious forums and ot will be there for a very very long time and it will be hard to overcome those preconceived notions of poor service.

I have no ill will towards you, but my opinion over the past 14 years is that it is not worth risking my money to do business with you. Nothing more nothing less, just from the basis of what I have heard over the years. Take that for what it is worth. :neutral:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.