Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone had the problem I am having with the rubber CV protective boots. I noticed after riding, both of the front boots had slipped off of the detent on the outboard side of both front axles. so dirt, and crud have now invaded my cv joints. My machine is a 2008 with 59 hrs on. would this be covered by warranty? Please help!!! dealer says he wants 300 dollars to fix!

·
Professional Atv Customizing
138 Posts
I would tell the dealer where he can stick his 300. Get you a couple cans of Gum Out carb cleaner. Clean the cv joints out real good, get all the grease, dirt and grime out. Let the Gum Out evaporate and then repack with grease and re clamp.

As long as you have not run the cvs with dirt in them for a long period they will be fine. Make sure if you do this yourself you get plenty of grease back in the boots.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Mine slipped off and the dealer cleaned em out and re-packed em...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CV axle boots

Thanks for the replys, how do you remove the metal band from the boot with damaging the boots? and then do you just use a hose clamp to fix?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks for the replys, how do you remove the metal band from the boot with damaging the boots? and then do you just use a hose clamp to fix?
You use a flat head screw driver and pry the little folded tabs back and it will pop open just don't over bend them and you can reuse them

·
chickabowow
1,224 Posts
I use hose clamps on my cv's havent had a problem since did that. Dont use cheap hose clamps get the ideal's or a similar quality they wont fail or strip easily.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.