Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,716 Posts
I have a 2012 T4 that needs a new front diff. What years are interchangeable? Having a hard time finding the info.
My suggestion would be to go to Kawasaki 2012 Side x Side OEM Parts, GenuineKawasakiParts.com and see if you can find the part numbers for what you need. Then you can check other model years to see if the numbers match. I believe the 2012 was a 750cc so I don't know if the 800's would work or not.

Looks expensive though: 2008 08 Kawasaki Teryx 750 700 Teryx KRF Front Diff Differential OEM Front Diff | eBay
Can yours be repaired? They have something like a rebuild kit if you just have bad bearings or something.

· Premium Member
2011 Teryx Camo, Muzzy exhaust, MSD controller, Pro Armor doors, Method beadlocks and Tensor tires
1,017 Posts
The front differential changed in 2012 with the introduction of the Teryx4. The Teryx2 (2008-2013) front differential is engaged with a cable/lever on the console, the 2nd Gen. diffs. are engaged by an electric solenoid controlled by a switch on the dash.
As VirginiaHawk mentioned, using a resource such as PartZilla you can compare part#s for different model years and check fitment. Part numbers changing doesn't always mean the pieces aren't interchangeable.

Good Luck! Mike

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My suggestion would be to go to Kawasaki 2012 Side x Side OEM Parts, GenuineKawasakiParts.com and see if you can find the part numbers for what you need. Then you can check other model years to see if the numbers match. I believe the 2012 was a 750cc so I don't know if the 800's would work or not.

Looks expensive though: 2008 08 Kawasaki Teryx 750 700 Teryx KRF Front Diff Differential OEM Front Diff | eBay
Can yours be repaired? They have something like a rebuild kit if you just have bad bearings or something.
I looked into repairing it and all the specialty tools required made me think buying one might be better. That's why I'm wondering what years are interchangeable.
This one socket required to take off the nut that holds the bevel gear in the diff alone is $200. Kawasaki 57001-1767 - SOCKET | Partzilla.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts