Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The owners manual says to use motor oil in the front diff - Does anybody do that? If not, what do you use?

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Thats what I did Engine oil in the front and Amsoil hydralic tractor fluid From AZamsoil aka Bob in the rear. My dealer doesnt carry Kawasaki wet brake and the other option (which I cant remember what it was) the local truck stop only sold it in 5 gal buckets.

·
El Moderator
4,038 Posts
The owners manual says to use motor oil in the front diff - Does anybody do that? If not, what do you use?
Not just motor oil, but insure it is JASO MA or JASO MA/MA2...these are designed as common sump (meaning engine and transmission), so they can be used in the front diff gears. If you put automotive motor oil it will damage the gears as it isn't designed to be able to withstand the shear forces that the gears will produce.

:icon_thumleft:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already bought some Bel-Ray, Gear Saver, (Hypoid Gear Oil) 80W-90. . . .will that be OK for the rear?

·
Registered
549 Posts
I already bought some Bel-Ray, Gear Saver, (Hypoid Gear Oil) 80W-90. . . .will that be OK for the rear?
I dont think that it is for wet brakes, it will say on the bottle if it is. You need wet brake hydraulic oil

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Front dif can use same oil as engine.
I use rotella 15-40

·
Premium Member
3,607 Posts
Don't use that in the rear diff of your Teryx. The owner's manual lists the type of oil necessary. I'm not at home or I would list the oils. I use the Amsoil synthetic equivalent, basically a tractor oil and not a hypoid gear oil.

·
Registered
444 Posts
And so what is the correct oil if I'm headed to the local parts store....which I will be tomorrow for just that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am going with the synthetic Amsoil . . . 0W-40 in the front (same as the crankcase) and 5W-30 Hydaulic Tractor oil in the rear.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.