Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I'm looking to find out what is exactly on their kits.

Can any of you give me some info? Want to buy the kit but don't know the specs.

core exchange and else, piston valve etc....

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Talk to Mickey D at FST if you want his kit. His web page pricing is out of date and he has been hard to get ahold of lately (holidays?)

Welcome to Four Stroke Tech.net!

Four Stroke Tech, Inc.
460 Hogback Rd.
Hyndman, PA 15545

Phone (814)842-6159
Fax (814)842-9221

I think he only answers the phone in mid-late afternoon his time.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Talk to Mickey D at FST if you want his kit. His web page pricing is out of date and he has been hard to get ahold of lately (holidays?)

Welcome to Four Stroke Tech.net!

Four Stroke Tech, Inc.
460 Hogback Rd.
Hyndman, PA 15545

Phone (814)842-6159
Fax (814)842-9221

I think he only answers the phone in mid-late afternoon his time.
Thanks!

I'm in the process to open a store, wants some performance parts for the Teryx.

Need some advice on it!

Right know list:

FST Big Bore Kit
Turbo (waiting)

·
Banned
1,090 Posts
We just got started making new style head gaskets so we can build 877cc motors with resleeving the stock cylinders and with out boring the cases so it's still just a top end rebuild.:dance:

·
Banned
1,090 Posts
Thats gonna be sweet! Whats the expected life on these motors? Are you gonna have to pray everytime you turn the key?
These V-Twins have been soild as a rock with little or no problems. The Teryx is a lot bigger and we might see something happen that we didn't on the quads but that would be easy to fix too. I'm talking about gear box problems,but we already have a fix if needed. As soon as the new head gaskets are done we will have a 1000cc stroker kit that might need our oil cooler kit, but so far I have not had any feed back from the dunner guys that we need it on our 840's

·
Banned
1,090 Posts
any idea on pricing for 1000 stroker engine after all said and done? What about the 877?
It all depends on what all you want, parts wise on the 1000cc motor with out carbs or porting would be around $2500 (stroker,HD long rods,cams, valve springs,pistons,sleeves and head gaskets. The 877cc about $1050 less because of the stroker and rods.

On both these kits however 39 to 41mm carbs and 4mm bigger valve heads is where you are going to bring both the HP and cost way up. HP cost money,how fast do you want to go?:fiddy:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
So how big do you have to go to make a Teryx keep up with of a Brute Force 750 with a pipe and CDI?
almost 1300 lbs vs just over 600lbs.

·
Registered
308 Posts
So how big do you have to go to make a Teryx keep up with of a Brute Force 750 with a pipe and CDI?
almost 1300 lbs vs just over 600lbs.
Good question Doug, after doing some play dragging this week with my stock teryx (cdi only) vs. a stock prairie 700 the teryx was about 8-10 mph slower in 500 feet. I think a standard bore kit with some muzzys and clutch work would get you 10 mph easy in 500 feet. I was running right with a stock 350 warrior and beating a 420 rancher bad. I had a back seat in and out wieghed the guys by a good 50 lbs. I also got to race a stock 08 Rhino and beat it badly (5 lengths) when we each had 4 people in. Then the guy made me race his 100 lb. wife and I still beat her by two lengths! Cant wait to whoop on some quads when FST gets done with my motor!

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I'd sure like to pull up to the line in a teryx and walk all over a Renegade or a piped/cdi Brute my friends are riding.

Bet your getting excited about having Mickey build your SBK XChamp.

Please take some before and after results. Ie
0-45mph times
300 or 500 ft times with the stocker and after the motor is done.
etc. Thanks.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'd sure like to pull up to the line in a teryx and walk all over a Renegade or a piped/cdi Brute my friends are riding.

Bet your getting excited about having Mickey build your SBK XChamp.

Please take some before and after results. Ie
0-45mph times
300 or 500 ft times with the stocker and after the motor is done.
etc. Thanks.
WIll do, but we our leaning towards an 840 kit now!

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I read that FST/Mickey D says he has an 877cc kit that is based on the 840kit. Not sure if its a stroker kit or top end modifications.

We like video on here and are waiting for your results.:popcorn:

1 - 20 of 79 Posts