Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FST has a new air filter set up that gives you almost double the filter surface area and keep the dead air box but eliminates the filter box. I has a mount at the rear of the filter to keep it in place and heat shield under it to deflect heat from the exhaust. Some other companies are coming out with an adapter for the stock air box but we think this will flow quite a bit more air. We will have pricing and jetting as soon as we complete dyno testing. These will be available at Unleashed UTV.

·
Registered
813 Posts
The only thing I worry about with a setup that open is water splash...

·
Banned
12 Posts
I saw that a week ago when I was picking up my Teryx at Johnnys house in Queen Crek does he do your work too ? he did some tuning on mine now it hits 66 mph

·
Registered
171 Posts
There are several reasons this is a bad idea and the pic below is one of the main ones. K&N filters are known for letting to much dirt pass and losing the needed vacuum the slids need this should not perform that well.

·
Registered
528 Posts
There are several reasons this is a bad idea and the pic below is one of the main ones. K&N filters are known for letting to much dirt pass and losing the needed vacuum the slids need this should not perform that well.

Stop jacking a vendor sales thread with your opinions.

Rog

·
Registered
13 Posts
He is right K&N are the worst filters out there for those of you who have not researched it yet. Many forums witht the same results even for your pick ups! There are other filters which flow more air(then a K&N) and filter properly! On a vendors thread is the best place to let people know about bad products....not to say that the idea they have with a proper filter might be ok though. Just K&N filters suck...dirt.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Stop jacking a vendor sales thread with your opinions.

Rog
Not sure about everyone else, but I like to get some opinions on a product before I put out the money for it.Once I read them I can decide if the product is right for me or not.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts

This is the same filter that FST used in a Rzr to win the Baja 500 this year!! In the Rzr the filter is mounted it the bed and is fully exposed!!! HWTodd were you running a outerware over the filter or any K&N filter oil??

Thanks 2X

·
Registered
385 Posts
Todd is the best straight shooter out their and let the facts speak! he didnt say it was a bad set up he just showed us a picture of a K N filter and im glade he did i wont be buying one.

·
Registered
74 Posts
that filter has obviously not been maintained. If you run a foam filter as dry as that one is you would probablt have the same problem. It also looks kinda like the pleats may be damaged if you look on the right hand side. We would need more pictures to make a true and honest decision as to what happened. I would say this filter has more problems than just k&n printed on the side.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
i want a k&n with outerwear for the stock box with a billet adapter

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I would think it would be easy to add some abs piping and snorkel the airbox set up higher. I would wonder how hard it would be to use larger carbs for a BBK. Do all carbs require vacuum to make the slides work properly?

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Filters

If you don't like K&N we can do a S&B or a True Flow. My experience is that if a K&N is cleaned and oiled properly (lots of oil) they work fine. If you are not K&N person we have other avenue's!!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
ive ran a k&n on everything from my drag yfz to all of my mud bikes with no problems.i hate messing(oiling) with foam filters,but its nice for others to have more options!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts