Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Just got word that Dan Kelly driving the FST Teryx got first in qualifying at Pomona.
Yep, I just got off the phone with Dan, I forgot to ask him if he got the carb bracket made so the carbs don't fall off again, LOL
I would like to take this time to thank FST (Frame and Suspension Tech) and Dan kelly for making our motors look so good. Two races, two fastest qualify posistions.
Ray
FPS

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Chad wins it again! Dan dropped out on the first lap, Todd on the 7th lap. Don't know anymore then that.
Todd was in a hard wreck, wheels ripped off type. I don't know what happened to Dan, I didn't have the comentary on at the start, seen he went from 10th to 6th when he crossed the start finish line for the green but he didn't make the first lap, don't know if something broke or he crashed. I'll let you know as soon as I talk to him.
Ray

Dan just called, he broke an axle and something in the front end.
He started 10th, was 6th going by the start finsh line taking the green and up to 3rd at the first turn when he ran out of passing room and broke the axle coming out of turn 1.
Todd's Teryx is damaged to bad to get ready for tomorrow so he offered Dan anything they need off it. Tod and his group sounds like AAA+ team.
Hope tomorrow goes better for them both.
Ray

PS, Todd will be racing tomorrow but in his Rhino from the sounds of things.
Ray

·
Registered
22 Posts
im sure the old flyin banana will hold his own tomorrow , im sure they will get there tyrex running top notch before too long , congrats to the funco team :clap :D

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Todd broke a motor, didn't start the race. After the invert, Dan started 8th (should have been 9th but Todd didn't start) Dan had took lead right off the start and had a 4.5 sec lead at the mid caution, got black flaged under the caution for lose body work (never heard of that before at CORR) restarted 20th, was 16th at Start/Finish line taking the green, 7th next lap by and 4th next and final lap.
Chad won again, he was in second when Dan got B/F.
Ray

·
Registered
22 Posts
Todd broke a motor, didn't start the race. After the invert, Dan started 8th (should have been 9th but Todd didn't start) Dan had took lead right off the start and had a 4.5 sec lead at the mid caution, got black flaged under the caution for lose body work (never heard of that before at CORR) restarted 20th, was 16th at Start/Finish line taking the green, 7th next lap by and 4th next and final lap.
Chad won again, he was in second when Dan got B/F.
Ray
that sounds like a crappy call ! the trucks always have panels loose on them !!!!

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Hey Bad, that's what I was thinking but Dan called a few minutes ago and it wasn't just plastic, part of his bumper was lose so CORR had to B/F.
Ray

·
El Moderator
4,038 Posts
Looks like the Teryx's are are machines to beat!!! I hear Chad was the shi!t yesterday...Good to see kawi's making such an immediate impact with only four races under the belts...

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Congrats to all the finishers at CORR this weekend! There was serious carnage as usual!

Dan Kelly looks like he'll be strong when the car is dialed in. You can count on Funco to work their tails off and be ready for the next one. The Arizona boys are doing well too, I think they made up most of the top ten today.

HRT's Teryx qualified 4th in it's first time ever in the dirt on Friday afternoon. This is with a 750cc displacement, and running really poorly. We jetted the Teryx at home and it ran strong, beat our Flying Banana in a drag race by an undisclosed margin. Loaded up and went to the races.
Got to the track Friday morning, went out to qualify and it ran dead lean with A/Fs ranging between 16 and 20:1 on the meter! We tweaked the jetting more before the race but it still had major carburetion issues in the race. Even with the Rex running poorly, Todd managed to set the 2nd fastest lap time in Saturday's race. Unfortunately, it was ended all to soon when he was hit in turn 3 and the left rear wheel/hub were ripped off the car. When this happened, the car rotated and was sliding sideways straight down the track when another car tagged him in the side and ripped the left front suspension/steering apart. It was a hard enough hit to damage the 1.5" .095" chromoly tubes in the side of the chassis.

Todd loaned some parts to Dan Kelly and qualified the old faithful Flying Banana in 3rd place today.
Then, disaster struck again. Instead of qualifying at 10:30 this morning like the schedule indicated, they sent the UTVs out late, and right after watering the track. Then, they ran them for an exceptionally high number of laps, as long as a race! This was CORR's way to "prep the track" for the upcoming Pro-4 qualifying.
The Flying Banana suffered a broken decompression mechanism and dropped the parts into the oil pump chain, breaking the chain and resulting in a couple laps with no water pump or oil pump.
We got the engine torn down and 75% repaired but just ran out of time. With qualifing delayed from our original start time, this left only one hour to get ready for the start of the race. Thanks CORR!:mad::banghead:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey Bad, that's what I was thinking but Dan called a few minutes ago and it wasn't just plastic, part of his bumper was lose so CORR had to B/F.
Ray
thanx for the update ray :headbang: that sucks chris sounds like hrt had a really bad weekend , good luck on the next one

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
With respect to the bumper call . IT was definatley a bummer call . It was a safety issue ,the fender was still attached but the U bend portion of the bumper was dangling . Chad was moving up to Dans tail and it was a dangerous sitution . I was not concerned with the car or a flet tire , but if that thing came into the cockpit it would of been like a spear .

We were really looking forward to beating Dan heads up and passing on the track, but circumstances prevented that from happening which is a bummer .

I will post a Funco trace report later in a new thread.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Congrats to the Funco Team, and to Bobby V for two second place finishes and Maybe the point lead.

Dan maybe faster, but FST you need to valve them shocks at all FOUR corners. COming down the front straight jumps Dans car bounces 2-3 feet in the air after landing!!! HELP Him out and he will be more competetitive with Funco!!!!!!.

Rog

1 - 16 of 16 Posts