Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, so I'm relatively new to the Teryx 4. I got a nice used unit from a man locally. He had the satv 6-in lift on it on 32-in tires on 16 in Wheels......heeeeavy. I know this is relative to what type of riding trying to accomplish, but I figured I could go a little bit smaller for the trail riding I do. Went from 64lb/tire-wheel to 48lb/ea, 16lb drop per corner! (25% drop in overall rotational weight).
So I ended up 30 in Maxxis carnivores on 14in System 3 beadlocks.

Just let me to contact the guys over at from the ground up powersports FTGU. Talk to them for a few minutes, gave them my riding stats, location, and terrain. Send them my primary and secondary clutches. Head stage 3 modifications/springs/wts performed.

All I can say is this was the best dollar for dollar upgrade I have performed yet. To my knowledge this did not gain horsepower, but merely shifted the power band to a more usable area as well as allows for a little more low end because of the machine work.

Going to ride this for a while. next up is the Big bore kit, ECU flash, and full exhaust!

Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Locking hubs Rim
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Alloy wheel Wood Bumper
Camera accessory Camera lens Cameras & optics Reflex camera Digital camera
Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Car
Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Car

·
Registered
26 Posts
@TheCAPA1 how are you still liking the clutch work with 30s. How is the low range? And do you drive on the road much how is it going 35-40 mph ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@TheCAPA1 how are you still liking the clutch work with 30s. How is the low range? And do you drive on the road much how is it going 35-40 mph ?
Fantastic. Look at whatever setup you are wanting to do (wheels,tires, type of riding, etc) then get your clutch setup for that. I know there are obviously larger machines out there in the 1000cc/turbo class, but the shift from power up high to the low and mid range was much needed on this. "Feels" faster off the line, easily spins tires, and with the machining of the clutch plates, low end is MUCH better. This is likely a combined effort of lighter wheels and clutch work.
I dont do much road driving. We have a long gravel drive that we can open it up on. for the most part, my max speed tends to be around 35-40, I think it pulls pretty strong to that speed. havent had the chance to just straight line it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just sorted out some new suspension. More of a proper mid travel with better CV angles.

Still working on building a bracket for the rear. Would like to move the upper shock mount up about 3 in so I get farther up travel. I don't need so much droop.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle registration plate Plant Automotive tire
Plant Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood

1 - 4 of 4 Posts