Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kawi has GOT to put a fuel gauge in future models (and hopefully make it backward compatible).

I ran out of gas in the middle of the desert at 9:00 PM. Visual check indicated I had enough gas before I left.

·
El Moderator
4,038 Posts
Kawi has GOT to put a fuel gauge in future models (and hopefully make it backward compatible).

I ran out of gas in the middle of the desert at 9:00 PM. Visual check indicated I had enough gas before I left.
Got my gauge in last weekend. Autometer marine gauge and a Hardin-Marine fuel sender. Took about 3 hours to install. Works great. The marine fuel sender doesn't bounce like the float senders!

Bought the 12" sender and cut it to 10.75" (about 1/4" off the bottom of the tank). I used a marine epoxy to "weld" the sender to the fuel tank. The fuel gauge is powered from the ignition switch and the light is off the light switch.

Attachments

·
El Moderator
4,038 Posts
Hardin-Marine Fuel Sender #105-91380

·
Registered
2 Posts
I thought about trying to use a polaris in gas cap gauge. Here is a picture of one. I was just wondering before I buy this has anyone else tried this?

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
I thought about trying to use a polaris in gas cap gauge. Here is a picture of one. I was just wondering before I buy this has anyone else tried this?
I 've been thinking of trying the same thing, wouldn't be the first or last $15-$20 i've wasted if it dosen't work.:icon_thumleft:

·
Registered
323 Posts
anyone have insight on what wires to link into on the digital dash to make it work? and would the ohms match up between the sender and the dash? may be worth looking into if anyone has any extra time. i'll see what I can dig up as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
anyone have insight on what wires to link into on the digital dash to make it work? and would the ohms match up between the sender and the dash? may be worth looking into if anyone has any extra time. i'll see what I can dig up as well.
That sounds even better! I've got a brute 650 in the garage next to the Teryx, if I get a chance i'll see what kind of resistance there is from the sending unit on it. Maybe the marine type sender used with the stock display would be nice.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The service manual for my brute says!
Full Level Position: 2-4 Ohms
Empty Level Position: 117-123 Ohms

The Sender from Hardin Marine says it's for use with 33-240 Ohm Gauges.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Man that would rock if we could get the factory guage to work. :think:

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm really interested in this thread. I don't ever want o run out of fuel so I top off the tank on just about every outing. Especially if there's a way to use the stock digital dash with a aftermarket sending unit that would be so cool.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Y'all hurry up and cypher this out so I can copy it. :smokin:

I too top off my tank 'fore ev'ry ride just to be safe.

:TX:

·
Registered
21 Posts
What about the brute force or prairie sending units...
I was thinking about that as well, the brute sending unit is about $100.00, the brute display is about $500.00 and the Teryx Digital display is about $200.00! So I am beginning to wonder if the display for the Teryx is capable of fuel display. With that much of a price difference I would say the Teryx display is a trimmed back version of the brute display.:sad5:

·
El Moderator
4,038 Posts
I got my sender and gauge from cpperformance.com

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yea, I have no problem just doing the seperate gauge thing. Just wondering if anyone compared the brute force digital unit with that for the Teryx? Is there an additional input for the fuel on the brute force or what.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts