Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so was riding last weekend and my vent line for my gas tank melted and got water in my fuel so it wouldn't run. So I got it home and drained the tank but then my fuel pump wouldn't come on so I thought it was the fuel pump relay so I bought a new one and still nothing but if I jump the switch the pump comes on. So I started digging around and found that the 10amp fuse for the fuel pump had popped so I replaced that and still nothing. The only way it comes on is if I jump the fuel pump relay and I checked the relay for power and only 1 wire has power going to the relay. I also checked for power to the pump and only 1 wire is getting around 6volts and that's if I jump the relay with a peice of wire. Need some help please and thank you

·
Registered
144 Posts
You might introduce yourself as a 1st post in other section and maybe other members might help you...

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Or maby no one knows how to help you
Just kidding some one will chime in

2011 sport lsr mid travel 28 Itp baja cross all the way around with some elkas

·
Registered
24 Posts
might be totally different on the teryx but I had a similar problem on a bruteforce it ended up being the wiring harness the wire on the plug that plugged into the cdi was broke inside the plug and would only make up when you wiggled the wires.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh boy I hope that's not it but I'll look into it. Does anybody else have any other input? Really need some help. I can usually fix anything on my bikes but this has got me stumped. Lol

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Check the fuse holder. And dielectric grease everything. Check battery and terminals. Its just a big process of elimination unfortunately. It sounds like you know how this goes if your your own mechanic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.