Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if they relocated the fuel vent tube on the 2017 T4? Mine goes over to the center console and up. Without taking the console apart I'm not sure where it goes from there. From other pics I've seen on the forum it appears to look different. Thanks for any help.

Administrator
Christ is King
Moved to intake and fuel section.

Registered
The parts listed are the same as prior years. The vent tube comes off a single fitting seperate from the fuel pump and plugs into the passenger seat frame.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've seen the videos on doing the mod so I took my passenger seat off to see how much hose to buy and noticed the fuel vent hose on my new T4 goes over towards the center console. I followed it with my hand and it goes up inside the center console near the passenger grab handle. I pulled on it slightly to see if it stopped there but the center console moved a little leading me to believe it was ran up further into the console. It doesn't go into the seat frame like the videos I've seen on the forum on other mods. Just thinking Kawi fixed this problem. I guess I'll take the console off and see where it goes. Thanks for the input.

Registered
I'll be interested to hear, especially since I think the problem is vastly overstated. If you don't go in mud or water up to your waist, I don't believe there is any reason to do this mod.

I had just looked up the fuel vent parts on a '17 parts fiche. They are exactly the same as prior, at least as listed.

Anyway, please report back when you figure it out. And please take some pics.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Talked to Kawi dealer today and they said they moved the vent on the 2017 model to go through the center console to prevent past problems.

Administrator
Christ is King
Glad to see Kawi rerouted the vent.

Administrator
Christ is King
jayd's dealer must have moved the vent, not Kawasaki.

Registered
I know what I will be checking this weekend...

Still though, not much mud or water in Arizona (unless it's Monsoon season), so I'm not sure how much I need to worry about this. I didn't buy my '17 T4 with the intent of mudding. Still though, better safe than sorry.

Registered
I did mine thinking more of dust turning to mud once it makes it to the fuel tank, or making the check valve stick open

Registered
I did mine thinking more of dust turning to mud once it makes it to the fuel tank, or making the check valve stick open
Exactly, the issue isn't so much about actual mud and water getting in, it is about dirty air. The fuel will expand and contract with temperature. Just check out your fuel jugs with vents lol. There is great potential for the tank to suck in dirty air which turns to crap in the tank.

Registered
I'm with a few on here about the concern for dust more so than mud and routed a new longer 1 piece hose up the inside of passenger cage and let end of hose with a little cone shape air filter hang over the center cross member, No issues but do get a whiff of fuel once in a blue moon that lets me know it's working and up out of the way causing no problems and a piece of mind.

Registered
Hey guys new to the forum and also new to sxs ownership. Just purchased a 2018 teryx4 today and my gas vent line also goes somewhere into the middle console I can't see it's final location without removing console. Has anyone figured out if we still need to do the mod with this new engineering by kawa? Thanks in advance for any knowledge you can throw my way!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts