Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Drahthaar did you every find out a answer to this. I just purchased a 2018 T4 myself this past weekend. I think the vent runs into a can under the drivers seat now. But not positive.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Drahthaar did you every find out a answer to this. I just purchased a 2018 T4 myself this past weekend. I think the vent runs into a can under the drivers seat now. But not positive.
I would have to check out that can under ther seat because where it is under the seat would have MORE POTENTIAL for water and mud getting into the system from deep creeks to mud pits. All it takes is one slip up and there you go if there isn't any check valve in line on the can

·
Registered
40 Posts

I would have to check out that can under ther seat because where it is under the seat would have MORE POTENTIAL for water and mud getting into the system from deep creeks to mud pits. All it takes is one slip up and there you go if there isn't any check valve in line on the can
This is where I think it goes. I would have to follow the line back better and double check. I know that picture doesn't show much. I need to open it up and look. Not my picture but mine is identical to this.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi new to the forum. I just bought a 2018 Teryx4 a few months ago and so did my cousin. My vent runs into a can underneath the seat as well but his is the old model where it was routed to the frame. He is telling me I got ripped off because it is a California model. Is this true? or am I okay?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hi new to the forum. I just bought a 2018 Teryx4 a few months ago and so did my cousin. My vent runs into a can underneath the seat as well but his is the old model where it was routed to the frame. He is telling me I got ripped off because it is a California model. Is this true? or am I okay?
I’d say he got ripped off cause you got the latest model with a evap canister. He has to do the fuel vent mod and you don’t.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well reading on these just a thought. I would reroute the vent tube right into the intake air compartment and right back into the intake airstream. For those using a snorkel just route it to the snorkel. But that eliminates the fuel smell as it's pulled into a running motor. But can still vent into the air once it's shut down.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts