Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this sounds weird, but when I turn my ignition key from on to off and remove the key, on my new "08 Teryx, I hear a beeping then a weird scratching type sound coming from under the drivers seat. Is this normal, and if it is, what the heck is it??

·
www.fatboyatv*****
226 Posts
it actually comes from under the pass seat. its normal. its the engine braking servo resetting.

·
Registered
323 Posts
when mine does it, it causes my speakers to "pop". any suggestions how to make it stop? could it be the mess of wires under my drivers seat getting interference from somewhere?

·
www.fatboyatv*****
226 Posts
check to make sure your grounds are good also. where are you getting your power from should be straight off the batt.

·
chickabowow
1,224 Posts
yea its a ground my stereo pops also when i turn off my hid's so i just turn my switch off to the stereo first now

·
Registered
323 Posts
power and ground for the stereo are run straight to the batt, but the extra rca length is bundled up under there close to the cdi. i'm thinking it is too close to the wire that supplies the engine brake. it's relayed to the key for turn-on so I don't have a switch to it. i may try the noise filter (come to think of it, i have one in my box-o-stereo-crap) until i re-route all the electronics under the dash.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts