Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I have a stock 2018 Teryx 4 LE. I'm looking for advice on the most cost effective, yet safe, way to add a few inches of clearance. I don't do any crazy riding, I just putt through the Utah mountains and would like to hit bottom a bit less frequently, especially when carrying 4. Thanks!

·
Vendor
826 Posts
Hi folks, I have a stock 2018 Teryx 4 LE. I'm looking for advice on the most cost effective, yet safe, way to add a few inches of clearance. I don't do any crazy riding, I just putt through the Utah mountains and would like to hit bottom a bit less frequently, especially when carrying 4. Thanks!
You have a few different options that will work well separately or in combination. Our forward arms offer 1.5" more ground clearance, and allow for a 28.5"/29" tire...which will also increase ground clearance. If you rip off the riveted fender pans and run the front and rear arms, you can run a 31" tire.
You can also run our 2" lift by itself or in combination with the arms, and get more clearance and more room for bigger tires.
Here's a list of all the arm/lift/tire size options you have. https://www.teryxforums.net/super-atv/69181-tire-fitment-chart-max-tire-sizes-what-s-biggest-tire-i-can-run.html

·
Registered
25 Posts
If only you guys had the rear offset arms in Green

2017 Teryx 4.....I'm going the offset control arms and 2" lift route but can't find the rear arms in Green. I have the lift and front arms but back arms been on back order for a while. When do y'all expect to be back in stock in green?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I went to a little larger tire and installed the 814 shocks. Gave it 3 inches more clearance and a smooth ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you have time would you mind giving more info on the tires and shocks and maybe links to them? Thanks!

·
Registered
182 Posts
As far as the tires I just found some that a inch or two bigger diameter than the stock ones. Any brand would work. The shocks came from 814.

https://814utvsuspension.com

He was awesome. Took lots of time on the phone to answer my questions. The shocks are great. Very smooth ride and raised ride height by 2”. I can scream with this machine on the trails now. In low gear even on tight trails I’m bouncing on the rev limiter. No way I could run that fast with the Fox shocks. Gives you more suspension travel. Wish I had done them sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,059 Posts
Thanks a ton! Have a great Independence Day weekend.
If "the most cost effective, yet safe, way to add a few inches of clearance" is what you are after, then going with A-Arms and shocks is probably not your answer. Are they great? Yes! Are the expensive? Yes!

A simple 2" bracket lift and some 28" tires is all you really need to add 3 to 4 inches of extra clearance, but you may need 14" rims to get a proper 28" tire. I've been running the Sedona Rock-A-Billy tires for a while now and am very happy with them. I also recommend going the same size all around.

Having said that, you will probably still find that you will scrape bottom from time to time. Not because you need more clearance, but because once you have it, you will go into places you couldn't before. No matter how capable our machines are, the hunt is always to find its limits :grin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts