Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where i come from , we need a dead man. Let me explain. Background info: some serious woods buggies and full tube rock crawlers.
I just dont get it. Adding an extention to the gas pedal. I Cant, for the life of me, think that a chunk of metal welded or bolted, powder coated or some sort of wrinkle finish, to the stock pedal can eliminate the, on the gas, off the gas, thing when you run over a marble.

A dead man is a heel ( thing on the hoof ) rest. looks like a triangle, but three diamentional, like one inch high , one or two wide , right triangle.

Dont want to step on anyones toes but, what the hell.

When i come crashing down to MOTHER EARTH, the last thing i want is a BIGGER TARGET for my HOOF to slam on !!!!

What the hell are they thinking ! Apparently these people never heard of lawyers. I can see it now, sailing thourgh the air to a nice soft landing, BRAP!?! CRAP there's a CLIIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF !!! I really think that these should be taken off the market.

SORRY. AGAIN I DONT WANT TO START A WAR HERE.

When you can anchor yourself on your heel, in a kawi teryx, you are in control of the throttle, as long as you havnt had to many root beers, well maybe no more than two thirty packs, TRUST ME THEY WILL FIT AND THEN SOME (Trust me its OK, scrap metal is up ) . The whole target thing just baffels me. If you cant anchor your leg, hoof, foot, what ever, well, on the gas , off the gas.

I built mine out of an old, ruger 10/22 ten round clip. Two self tappers and a DEWALT screw gun. SORRY NO PICS!!! Dont want a paper trail and picture trail to prove i am that HICK !! PATENT PENDING!!!

It works great. No more , on the gas , off the gas.

TO EACH, HIS OR HER OWN !!!

seriously , the dead man, is a good idea. Dont really think that these can be mass produced. Drivers height determines the height and width of it.

Any body else think this way.........

·
Marcus
96 Posts
I only have one question for you, since I can tell where you are going with this post.
1. So you did obvisously have the same problem that everyone else had with the pain in the ass Gas Pedal surging(on and off again) Problem?

·
KENNETH
49 Posts
I installed a way cool, redneck looking, 12.99, plastic but non slip, pedal set. One for the throttle and another for the parking brake. Helps alot! Plus I get rave reviews from fellow rednecks Mine are chrome and glow in the dark orange. Have no use for the third pedal cover in the kit----awaiting your ideas---------------

·
Registered
101 Posts
Gas pedal fix

Go to a serious Go Karting racing shop. They sell stick on heel pads made out of foam they come in different thicknesses for racing go karts. My friends son races go karts and when I saw the pads I knew that was the solution. I just cleaned the floor with acetone and peeled off the backing paper and put it where my heel was. They are about 1 inch tall. I doubled mine up. I haven't used it much but I hear the adhesive is super strong so make sure you put it in the right place. I drove around the neighbor hood a few times. It's 100% better for cruising around at low speeds. No ankle strain at all.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Peddle Exstensions

We have sold atleast 12 of them and 2X Motorsports has sold more than that and not 1 complaint. This is not to stop peddle surging problems it is to keep your foot from slidding off the peddle. If there is a need for a heel rest we can build that also.

·
KENNETH
49 Posts
Thanks for the idea. I'd thought about using tire tread found along our roads for a heel pad but I like the sound of the foam pads too. Had considered trying an auto type pedal that is spring loaded but can "axis" on it's throttle "rod-arm" That would solve all the problems.

·
Marcus
96 Posts
I am amazed at some of the attitude that some of our own fellow utvers put out there , when you show good ideas to them and all they can do is put down ideas that they are using and just adding there twist to it and then putting down what they are doing anyway.

·
KENNETH
49 Posts
I agree, we have a good thing here and should do all we can to encourage others to share their ideas.
Of coarse a bit of levity goes along way too---------
I've seen too many fine forums ruined by being taken over by clicks who want to exclude others from the meeting of the minds.
We are all in this thing called life and helping each other is the greatest goal!

·
Registered
105 Posts
T-radx I'm not sure who you are talking about but maybe you should take your own advice. When you first came out with your pedal solution the first thing you did was called what we were doing a "silly pedal extension"
My "silly pedal extension" has worked perfectly for me. I tried the angle iron for the heel idea long before you ever mentioned it and it still did'nt solve the leg cramps from poor pedal positioning.
But back to the attitude discussion. I never once argued when you went on my posts and any other post I had commented on about pedal issues and campaigned for your solution, because to be honest I really dont care what folks do as long as we all have the information to make educated desisions about which modification we choose to apply to our own units. But before you criticize anyone for posting on somone elses post with oppinions maybe you should practice what you preech.

·
Registered
177 Posts
T-radx I'm not sure who you are talking about but maybe you should take your own advice. When you first came out with your pedal solution the first thing you did was called what we were doing a "silly pedal extension"
My "silly pedal extension" has worked perfectly for me. I tried the angle iron for the heel idea long before you ever mentioned it and it still did'nt solve the leg cramps from poor pedal positioning.
But back to the attitude discussion. I never once argued when you went on my posts and any other post I had commented on about pedal issues and campaigned for your solution, because to be honest I really dont care what folks do as long as we all have the information to make educated desisions about which modification we choose to apply to our own units. But before you criticize anyone for posting on somone elses post with oppinions maybe you should practice what you preech.
"leg cramps from poor pedal positioning"......this was more of a issue for me then the surge deal thats why I changed my pedal location instead of raising my heel. Its good for everyone to come up with ideas cause once we all bonce enough of them off each other, we'll come up with enough options for anyone to use for they're own needs. I read back over all this and I didn't think anyone was being a "prick", maybe I missed something

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yeah I know, the only one I have seen jump on somone else's post and talk about how great thier idea is while bashing someone elses is Radx, so I'm not sure why he decided to call anyone else a prick ?!?!

Lance

·
Marcus
96 Posts
I didnt bash your idea , GPS, your are the one that said you would hit the gas pedal when trying to get to the brake and was still not getting the results you wanted.
As for EVERYONE THAT WAS OFFENDED!
I AM VERY SORRY FOR MY WRONG USE OF WORDS!
GPS, I am sorry for being too critical will not do that again, Thanks for humbling me!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone thought of making different pedals altogother? I mean make the bar that holds the pedal bend towards the middle for both the brake and gas, moving both of them closer to the tunnel. How hard and expensive could that be?

·
KENNETH
49 Posts
I'm going to visit my local junk yard and look at truck throttle pedal setups. I think the pedal that mounted on a spring loaded axis point would work well on the Teryx. Can't remember what car or truck I had that used the pivoting gas pedal but I'll share the make model once I find one. This would give an infinitely variable foot to pedal setup that would still hold the throttle in one spot even over rough ground.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
HOLY SMOKES , guys calm down.
like i said i am not trying to piss people off here, however i do know that everyone cant be pleased, unless she is a blonde.

this is my little fix for the bouncy throttle thing. it is only for an anchor point. its not to raise your foot. when properly placed you will never notice it being there.

i have thought about fabbing some pedals for a better angle of the dangle, however no time now. got two boats a wave runner and a camper to winterize.

what kind of ideas are you guys thinking fo the pedals. re angle or what.

we are all in these things , and anything to gain comfort and control should be talked about . this isnt about racing. your foot dont come off the floor in racing ! ha ha.

·
Registered
177 Posts
HOLY SMOKES , guys calm down.
like i said i am not trying to piss people off here, however i do know that everyone cant be pleased, unless she is a blonde.

this is my little fix for the bouncy throttle thing. it is only for an anchor point. its not to raise your foot. when properly placed you will never notice it being there.

i have thought about fabbing some pedals for a better angle of the dangle, however no time now. got two boats a wave runner and a camper to winterize.

what kind of ideas are you guys thinking fo the pedals. re angle or what.

we are all in these things , and anything to gain comfort and control should be talked about . this isnt about racing. your foot dont come off the floor in racing ! ha ha.
I don't like blondes.:doubt: LoL.. but a red head...mmmm :smokin: thats a hole nother story.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts