Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,470 Posts
You really have to define what "better" is when talking about gear oil. If you put the right weight gear oil in a component there is absolutely no way you should feel or notice any difference....anybody that states they notice a difference is full of it (sorry to be blunt...). As far as longevity there is really no way to know for sure either. I see people make a comment that they used X brand gear oil and the differential, transmission, or something along those lines failed so it must be the gear oil....but how do you know it wouldn't have failed with some fancy name gear oil. The opposite it true also. Just because you have never had a component fail is that only because of the gear oil?
With that said I guess it doesn't hurt anything to run X brand of gear oil, except maybe make your wallet a little lighter. In the overall cost of these things paying a few dollars more for gear oil every once in awhile is not a big deal, especially if it makes somebody feel better.

· Premium Member
2011 Teryx Camo, Muzzy exhaust, MSD controller, Pro Armor doors, Method beadlocks and Tensor tires
1,017 Posts
I have always used the Kawasaki branded lubricants, even though as 6.2B stated, it makes my wallet a little lighter. It does however make me feel warm and fuzzy all over!

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts