Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my t4 measures 79-80" tall at the rear of the cage, the door opening of my enclosed is 72". What is everyone doing to get their machine in their trailers? Don't want to do acage chop because I plan to add a cab later. Also I'm not getting a different trailer, just bought this one last July. I'm wondering about some small loading wheels and tires.

·
Registered
396 Posts
You could air down the tires. Also you can compress the suspension with ratchet straps. You could also try loosening up the preload on your shocks so it sits lower and it will be easier to compress the suspension.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I too was wondering this, I fortunately didn't already have a trailer.

I ended up buying a extended height trailer last week, so it solved my problem.

I am thinking you could either drop suspension down every time which would be a giant pain in the ass, maybe a wicked air down might get you closer, or a tire for loading purposes.

Good luck let us know how you make out

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Dropping it from 80" to 72" is quite a bit. It would probably take a combination of different things to get it that much lower. If you just relied on different tires dropping the overall height by 8" would require a tire that is 16" smaller......i.e. if you had stock 26" tires it would mean it needs 10" tall tires which just isn't feasible because the rims are at least 12". You could get a couple inches out of the suspension by compressing it, but you would have to figure out the best way to do it. It would take a couple of the big ratchet straps at each wheel and maybe even making some hooks or something to attach the straps to. Thinking about it maybe you could just take the shocks off, or take one end loose, which would let the suspension fully compress. Though I think if you did this it would still require smaller tires.

In the end it's going to depend on your willingness to jump through a lot of hoops everytime you haul the rig out for a ride.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Messed around with it tonight some and it's looking like the best option is to remove the rear shocks and replace them with rods cut to a length I haven't determined yet. I think in the end I'll wind up getting a taller trailer but that's not in the budget right now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I feel your pain. Every time i touch mine it gets taller. Pretty soon it won't fit in my garage. I think I have about 2 inches to spare.

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,436 Posts
To sort of quote the movie JAWS, "We're going to need a bigger trailer"

My enclosed trailer is standard height and it has 78" of clearance, which my stock bike *just* fits into. My T2 sits 77.5" with the hardtop on. Forget about lift kits or bigger tires. :crying Best option may be to consider an open trailer. My enclosed trailer is also 24' long so it can hold 2 side by sides, or one side by side and two ATV's :grin

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Messed with it some more. If I loosen the rear spring adjusters all the way off and have someone sit in the box it'll go in my trailer.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had a Look 5X8 cargo trailer which would not work. But since I bought the Look to do a job and it performed it, I sold it! Got more than I paid for it. My T-Rex has been lifted and is way too high to fit in most enclosed trailers (won't even fit in my carport w/o mods)... Anyway I purchased an aluminum 6X12 utility trailer with a ramp that I think will work great! We shall see.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just unbolt the cage It will fit no problem That’s what I do
Kind of a pain it the ass and it’s a 2person job but a free solution

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Any way you could build up the trailer walls to get height you want?
Unfortunately, that's not very practical. If purchasing new, you can order with extra height walls for more clearance. No good way to do that after the fact.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I Have to take off the plastic roof to get my teryx in the trailer. four bolts and it's off. They do make utv trailers for that reason. Good Luck

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Is there any height difference between a stock T4 LE and say, a base model T2???

·
GPS guru
216 Posts
Not sure if there is a height difference but the t2 is easier to get into a trailer due to where the roof line stops as you pull under the door. A T4s roof runs out to the top of the rear tire making that point the highest as you pull in. With a t2 the highest point is forward of the rear wheel lessening it’s height as it travels up the ramp and thru the door

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
The Kawasaki website states that a T4 is about 2" taller than a comparable T2.

Base T2 at 75.8" vs. Base T4 at 77.8"

LE T2 at 77.8" vs. LE T4 at 79.7"

The difference between the base and LE models would be due to the factory roof and going from 26 to 27" tires.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Remove the shocks and put in metal tubing where shocks went.
Only takes a couple minutes to change them back.
I dropped mine 6 inches by doing this t rex.jpg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts