Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My teryx goes dead when I go in water over the exhust.The onley mod. I have done is Two brothers exhust. The air breather is steal dry so Im not geating water in the airbox. How can I fix this?:shtf1:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I Have The Same Problem, When It Gets Wet I Let It Sit For 2-3 Days And Then It Will Start Again. I Have Taken The Cdi Connection And Put The Electro Grease In It But That Has Not Fixed It, Not Sure What To Try Next.

·
I WANT ONE
202 Posts
Take a water hose and spray around on it while it is idling in the driveway. Spray all of the elect. stuff in the back and see if you can get it to quit.

·
Registered
87 Posts
KDL2008, that is a motorhome ! ! By the way, I've been through ponds and streams and never had that problem . Last time the water was over the floorboards and I figured there had to be water in the trans. I took down the skidpan and took out the drain plug and there was not a drop in there. I guess you guys are going way deeper than me. I think if I wanted to go that deep, I think I would relocate the electrical system as its mounted pretty low under the seat.

·
Registered
7 Posts
no mine has died under water and i had even went as far as putting a snorkle on my exhaust and it still died and like said above its the electrical

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think offroadskeeter may have a great suggestion. That shouldn't be too difficult to do. I'm surprised one of these guys on the web site that own a business isn't making and selling them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think the reason it wants to die when the exhaust goes under water is the aftermarket exhaust breaths alot better and there isnt enough pressure to keep the water from flowing into the pipe..what I did on my brute was add a extension that went up to keep the exhaust out of the water...I am thinking of putting dual tail pipes on this machine out from under the corners of the bed and maybe raincaps on the ends so if the water pressure is greater than the exhaust pressure they will close and keep the water out..It is water we use to do to our mudding trucks...

I have been thinking of relocating the eletrical also...maybe a company will address this problem and make a wiring kit to relocate it all under the hood...it would be nice to unplug it all and plug extensions in move it under the hood and plug it back in....sinnce most of the market seems to be more toward the dunes and not the squirrel chasers it might take awhile to catch on...but a very good idea to relocate to a higher dryer place..

If we go head light deep on the atv's I want to beable to follow and not have to search for a bridge to cross the creek...and we have many crossings and some stretches that go down the creek....the old Rhino had no problem going seat deep all the time.....just want to be able to go up to the bottom of the seat all day long and the occational oops wet pants without killing it...otherwise I cant use it as the recovery beast...thats what the Rhino was...even carry a tow bar incase we have to drag a polaris out of the woods...so lets put our thinking caps on and we can figure out how to fix the problem...While I have mine in peices doing modds I will see how far we can move things with out rewiring the whole rig..I am thinking about maybe a small tool box in the front of the bed...I will look and let yall know what I find..

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
i thought an aftermarket exhaust flowed better and thus producing more force to keep the water out.i doubt most people would want to snorkel the exhaust.id say turn up the idle a little bit,and work on the electrical

·
Cooterbob
210 Posts
What do you guys think is getting wet? I can't figure this out. I have had my brute and can am electricals submerged and no effects, except for the belt on the can am. What is the difference between getting an atv wet and the teryx wet? I know the teryx equipment sets a little lower, but once the water gets to it, what is the difference. Are we sure that it is not the intakes getting wet? I personally have had had mine in water almost up to the seat with no problems. No snorkels at that time and no diaelectric grease. I had to pull a 700 rhino out who was drowned out behind me in the same creek crossing. I just snorkeled my belt exhaust and will be testing it soon. I hope we can figure this out, bec. I like deep water!

·
Registered
53 Posts
ive been over the seat with water in mine and have had no problems. the only dielectric grease i used was on the dyna when i installed it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I went to advance auto parts and got som electrical grease in a airasol can and sprade it in every conecter ther is. I am going riding thes weekend. If thes dont work I am going to get me a cooler to put all my elec. stuf in under the seeat. If that dont work Im going around the mud holes!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine doesn't go dead but it does barely keep running. It is wierd because if you pick it up just enough to get the exhaust out of the water it will run like a scalded cat out of it. It has happened to me a couple of times.
I would like to know wat is going on and if the trans exhaust has something to do with it. Let me know if you figure something out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just a thought, as I am no expert. On my brute force, when we would go through deep water it would create a lot of steam at times that would get sucked into the airbox causing it to sometimes die. Isn't the airbox intake somewhat close to the exhaust, or other hot parts?? I dont know if this happens at all, just a thought.

·
Registered
60 Posts
ive put mine over the bed in water does great ..but you must bring the carb lines up or you will suck water though the carbs and it will stall ..the carbs r vacum slides so when they cant breath they shut close and put puuutut u stop looking like a chump..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts