Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:woot: Picked mine up after work, ended up getting a really nice deal here so I didn't have to trip to pick it up, very impressed so far, will fix the gas pedal tomorrow, what a mess that thing is....pics to come!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Let the mods begin

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here it is, got it last night, already muddy :surprised:

Attachments

·
Registered
813 Posts
Go ahead and order a CDI/carb kit and a exhaust tip for it and you wont beleive the differance in power its like night/day.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What is a CDI/Carb Kit

I just purchased a new 2008 Teryx NRA Camo. I saw your posts and had questions.

What is a CDI? What is a carb kit?

The Teryx seems very fast to me. I bought it last night, and it is a bit scary when I floor the accelerator. Maybe I am just too old at 50-years-old.

Anyway, what is a CDI? What does it do? If I get one, is the warranty voided? Can I still purchase the extended warranty, if I modify my Teryx? Same questions regarding the Carb Kit.

·
Registered
274 Posts
CDI stands for capacitive discharge ignition,it is a little black box that is basically the brains of the ignition system, located under the drivers seat near the battery, it controls igntion advance curves and such and is an easy upgrade as it plugs right in (two quick connects). the carb kit consists of different jets and needles and springs to recalibrate you're air fuel ratio, it is usually installed in conjunction with an air box or air box mods wich increase air flow capabilitiies (thus the need for more fuel) and also when the exhaust is modified or changed, as far as warranty it probably depends on the dealer doing the repairs but any modifications could be cause to void the warranty. you could always swap stock parts back when taking it to the dealer or if its fast enough now just leave it as is and run it! as far as being too old, never! hope this helps.the teryx comes from the factory fairly detuned for emssion/noise reasons so there is alot of potential power left to be had!

·
Registered
4 Posts
CDI answer

Thanks for your response to my CDI question and the Carb kit question. I appreciate the quick response. I think I might go ahead and purchase the Dynatech CDI and see how it works. I guess I can always remove it if I don't like it.

Thanks again.

Tom Pliura

·
El Moderator
4,038 Posts
Thanks for your response to my CDI question and the Carb kit question. I appreciate the quick response. I think I might go ahead and purchase the Dynatech CDI and see how it works. I guess I can always remove it if I don't like it.

Thanks again.

Tom Pliura
The CDI is really going to wake up that engine...you'll notice an immediate response

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How much does a CDI box help? is there anything else you have to do if you just install the CDI?...or just plug it in and roll.

·
El Moderator
4,038 Posts
How much does a CDI box help? is there anything else you have to do if you just install the CDI?...or just plug it in and roll.
You'll see an immediate increase in take-off torque and your top end will be around 55-58 mph. Plug and roll, you will run slightly rich with stock intake and exhaust...at least mine does (~1000 ft in AZ). I just haven't got around to re-jetting the carbs.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i put the cdi in my dads teryx on the weekend and it makes it much better to ride and more power :)

the best mod you could ever do for $200

1 - 11 of 11 Posts