Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have officially guaranteed that there will be no accumulating snow around Southern Michigan this year... you're welcome. :D I mounted a 72" Kimpex Click N Go plow system to the T4. I had some trouble with mounting the plate under the machine using the directions provided, so I had to alter the mounting location but it seems to work fine. After I finally got it all mounted up I then had an issue with the push frame not fitting the mount, so I contacted Kimpex and they replied quickly and thoroughly. It turned out that the push frame must have been damaged in shipping or handling (purchased from Dennis Kirk). I was able to fix the damage myself and Kimpex assured me that it will still be covered under their manufacturing warranty. They also suggested I contact Dennis Kirk to see about getting some sort of compensation for shipping damage, but I'm not going through all of that since it was an easy fix and it is working just fine. I also mounted up some reverse light pods using the Brute Performance wire kit and some ebay lights.

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,201 Posts
Snow plows... that one expensive option you know you will likely never use, but when you need it, it can be worth its weight in gold! I hope I get to use mine this year. Its been a while..

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Snow plows... that one expensive option you know you will likely never use, but when you need it, it can be worth its weight in gold! I hope I get to use mine this year. Its been a while..
yeah, I've plowed with my atv for years now but I thought since I have this new expensive sxs sitting in the barn I may as well put it to work, lol. We generally get a fair bit of snow throughout the winter where I'm at so I'm sure it will get some use... but it can be hit or miss. We've had years where you are plowing 3-5 days a week and some where you plow 3-5 times a month. But it is my luck that since I spent the money on a new plow setup that I want to try out we won't get any snow until February :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
Maybe, but at least you know that you WILL get to use it. I was born in Owosso so I feel you =)

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
I haven't lived in Michigan since i was a little kid, but I remember going back to visit my grandfather there as a teenager in the middle of summer. His grass looked a little long and I was bored so I offered to cut it for him. I went out to the barn and found his "riding mower" still had the snow blower and tire chains on it. (This was July) I went back in the house and asked him if he wanted me to put the mower deck on it for him. He looked confused at first before realizing what I meant. He said, "Son, up here you buy a riding snow blower and pay extra for the mower attachment. I use that snow blower 8 or 9 months out of the year. I only cut grass 3 times. Use the push mower." :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2019 Teryx4 LE
36 Posts
The plow was a great investment for me. These Teryx’s can push so much snow.

Attachments

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The plow was a great investment for me. These Teryx’s can push so much snow.
nice looking set up there. What brand plow is that? I think I'm going to like this upgrade over pushing with my 60" plow on the old Honda Rincon atv, lol.

·
Registered
2019 Teryx4 LE
36 Posts
nice looking set up there. What brand plow is that? I think I'm going to like this upgrade over pushing with my 60" plow on the old Honda Rincon atv, lol.
It's the Moose plow. I live on a private road so we are responsible for clearing the snow and maintaining the road. A few people have quads with plows, one neighbor has a jeep with a plow and another neighbor has a tractor with a snow blower attachment. Needless to say, when I get out there they all leave or they just wait for me to get home lol. Which is fine with me because I love doing it. The tractor can only go so close to the dirt road and the quads take three times as long as I do. My neighbor with the jeep can't turn his blade so he just pushes it in one direction. My driveway is 85 yards from the road to my garage and tear drops as it get close to the house opening up with another 7 yards of asphalt on the side of the garage. My road is about a quarter mile from my driveway to the main road. I have my driveway and the road cleared within 10-15 minutes. After that my neighbors start running out of their houses to move their cars so I can clear their driveways. Kind of funny to watch.

Reactions: huntertim214

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
I have a very similar situation here. 1/3 mile long private driveway, 5 neighbors share the road. I am normally the one that maintains and plows the road but one neighbor recently bought a tractor and has been helping a lot. But when it comes to snow removal, Teryx is the King!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts