Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello hoping to pick up or Teryx ths week and one of the first things to add will be a gps. Has any of you mounted one like the Lowarnce baja of simillar. Just curious how you mounted them with the digital dashes. Just looking for ideas thanks. Have looked at and read the post on the rhino sites just seeing what has been done with the Teryx thanks.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Here is how I mounted mine and it works great.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I am using the Lawrance 540c Baja. It is getting mounted as I type. I have an after market cage with the lower cross bar near the dash. We brought 2 slotted tabs off of the cross bar. So the unit will be just above the digital dash. I did it this way so I can just un screw the 2 mounting wing bolts and remove the system for security and washing. Plus it puts it higher up making it easier to read when driving. I was going to mount it in the drink holder area but it just seems way to low and non driver friendly.. When I get it back from the shop I'll put up some pictures..

·
TERYXERISER
311 Posts
I am using the Lawrance 540c Baja. It is getting mounted as I type. I have an after market cage with the lower cross bar near the dash. We brought 2 slotted tabs off of the cross bar. So the unit will be just above the digital dash. I did it this way so I can just un screw the 2 mounting wing bolts and remove the system for security and washing. Plus it puts it higher up making it easier to read when driving. I was going to mount it in the drink holder area but it just seems way to low and non driver friendly.. When I get it back from the shop I'll put up some pictures..
:dlit_toetap: Waiting for pics come on socal your killing me especially
after reading your sig line!!!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
HAHAH, it's all suppose to be done on Friday.. Trust me its killing me as well... But the wait is worth the pay off. .. I'm going to be getting full paint done by "The One" on Rhinofourms as soon as i can get it down to him... I guess he will need it for 2 weeks for that job... But I hope to have some pic's for you all by this weekend. This is going to be the longest 5 days ever.. LOL

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Socal can't wait to see the pics. Can I ask a little more about your digital dash from Trail Tech? Why did you go with that one over the factory one. Your Teryx sounds sweet can't wait to see some pics.

·
Registered
528 Posts
just a note for anyone. the Eagle intellimap 502c is the same as baja 540 for less money.

And it is still made by lowrance. I have seen them as low as $353.

Rog

·
Registered
194 Posts
I went with it, because they are ready to go now (ship now) and they are a fraction of the price of the Kawi unit. (Kawi dash is on back order and is priced around $700) Plus I figured I could polish out that billet mount they have and it would add a little bling, bling to the dash. LOL>>>Also I was told that if you buy the Kawi dash you still need to buy the harness and wiring kit for it. The Trail tech comes with everything you need to install.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts