Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Stock to start with...........
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one of the Badlands ZXR 5000 and was going to install the wiring and am trying to figure out how to mount the handheld remote hookup. How in the heck are you supposed to install that with the big Y in the cord? The receptacle looks like it should go in a 5/8th inch hole but there's no way the big Y will.

Steve...........

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have the same winch and I just installed the rocker switch that came with the kit. I am not using the hand held remote. Put it into my craftsman toolbox to collect dust. The Rocker Switch fits perfectly on one of the cut-outs on the dash.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already have the rocker installed in one of the cutouts right next to my light bar rocker so I might just go with that for now also. Had to be one of those Chinese that came up with that setup, thats like buying a bigger set of tires when you buy a new truck and they are too big to go on it.

Steve...........

Reactions: OILPULL

·
Jan, Jun, Oct 2021, Feb 2022 TOTM Winner
798 Posts
If you want a hand held remote I'd pick up a wireless setup. I bought a cheapo amazon setup for my winch and it worked great until the module got wet...I mounted the replacement a little better and it's held up about a year now. I bought a second one for my rear winch. I just stuck some velcro tape to the remotes and stick em to the dash so they're easy to grap. I hardly use the rocker switch anymore.
The one I have looks like this but mine came with 2 remotes(so I have a spare when one craps out or gets lost)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's where I finally put it. I can do a wireless controller at any time later if needed or want.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, the letters were easy. I took a small and smooth piece of wood about 3/4 th x 1 about 1 inch long and put a few drops of paint on a box and rubbed the piece of wood in the paint and then dabbed the wood on the letters. Keep the paint thin on the wood and dabb as much as needed. too much and it'll get on the sides of the letters and wouldn't look as good. It's a lot easier than it sounds.

Steve............

1 - 8 of 8 Posts