Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
TOTM Winner Sep '21
737 Posts
The HF 25%-off coupon was too much temptation and I couldn't pass-up getting a winch for the 'buggy'! $135 and good reviews is all the motivation I needed to drive into town today and pickup the Badlands 5000!

I'll post a bunch of install pics after it's all finished.

Badlands 5000.

·
USAF retired
38 Posts
The HF 25%-off coupon was too much temptation and I couldn't pass-up getting a winch for the 'buggy'! $135 and good reviews is all the motivation I needed to drive into town today and pickup the Badlands 5000!

I'll post a bunch of install pics after it's all finished.

Badlands 5000.

Are you planning on using a mount? Take lots of pics...this is on my winter "to do" list as well!

·
TOTM Winner Sep '21
737 Posts
Are you planning on using a mount? Take lots of pics...this is on my winter "to do" list as well!
I'm not going to use a ready-made mount. I'll drill new holes in the Teryx plate and add spacers to get above the front edge of the skid plate. I'll take pics to show what I do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finally got it all finished. Thanks Keeter for the heads up about the dash.

Awesome winch! Got a question about the hook up! I got everything connected but when u hit the “ In or out” switch it turns on but nothing happens , any ideas?

·
Registered
16 Posts
After having the 5,000 lb winch sitting around my garage for a year, I finally decided to tackle it.
The reason it took a year is every time I would "think" I was ready, I would open the box, look at all the wiring then talk myself out of it.

Well, I decided to go for it yesterday. It was more of a pain in the butt than I thought, mainly because I am to much of a perfectionist and don't like to see wires everywhere. I ended up placing the wire remote port inside the glove box. Most of the other wiring is routed, bundled and hidden underneath the air box.

I hope the new add on is worth all the effort!
Why is everyone hardwiring their winch? Why aren't y'all using remotes? I have read several posts and everybody seems to be hard-wiring the winch

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm not going to use a ready-made mount. I'll drill new holes in the Teryx plate and add spacers to get above the front edge of the skid plate. I'll take pics to show what I do.
The super ATV high mount bumper sets your winch just above the top of your hood.

·
Registered
2009 "T-rex" and 2021 Teryx4 LE Metallic Carbon Greystone
12 Posts
Why is everyone hardwiring their winch? Why aren't y'all using remotes? I have read several posts and everybody seems to be hard-wiring the winch
I wasn’t planning on hardwiring mine atm. Only worry is if the wireless remote has an issue when I need it..... it hasn’t showed up yet so not exactly sure how it looks. It doesn’t say it comes with a wired remote but some of the reviews mention it having one. If it has a wired remote too I doubt I’ll fully hard wire it until I can just run the lines together with other things like lights that require it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got you. Mine has a hard wire receptacle on the winch itself. Then I wired in a wireless also with two remotes.

·
Jan & Jun 2021 TOTM Winner
610 Posts
I hardwired mine cause that's what my winch came with. I eventually picked up a cheapo amazon special chinese winch controller but I don't have a lot of faith in it.

A buddy has a warn wireless setup on his sxs and loves it, I'm hoping my cheapo junk works half as well as his.

The same guy has a cheapo white box wireless winch on his truck. He came out to his truck in a parking lot and this lady was waiting for him, said when she unlocked her car his truck was making a noise. She eventually realized the noise was buddies winch reeling out. I didn't think that was a thing but I guess it can happen?

·
Registered
17 Posts
After having the 5,000 lb winch sitting around my garage for a year, I finally decided to tackle it.
The reason it took a year is every time I would "think" I was ready, I would open the box, look at all the wiring then talk myself out of it.

Well, I decided to go for it yesterday. It was more of a pain in the butt than I thought, mainly because I am to much of a perfectionist and don't like to see wires everywhere. I ended up placing the wire remote port inside the glove box. Most of the other wiring is routed, bundled and hidden underneath the air box.

I hope the new add on is worth all the effort!
I bought the wireless remote. I plugs in where the remote one does.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts