Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting a TCP triple pass radiator to help keep my 08 NRA Teryx cool. Has anybody tried these radiators or know anybody who has?

·
Freedom Is Not Free.
287 Posts
I have one it works great, highly recommend it. I never get above 210 even at the dunes. Garth at TCP is a good guy.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
not a tcp, but i modified my stock radiator into a multipass radiator and it worked great with the 840 kit. should cost about a $100 at any local radiator shop

Reactions: chad59

·
Registered
265 Posts
not a tcp, but i modified my stock radiator into a multipass radiator and it worked great with the 840 kit. should cost about a $100 at any local radiator shop
+1
DASA did mine when they installed my 840bbk. I also have a bypass switch and impeller to help out.

Sent from my iPhone using Slap-a-ho

·
Registered
148 Posts
I had my stock one tripled by Tpc since no one local to me could do it. Works great.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a 840 kit as well and I overheat like crazy. I am wondering if I need to get an aftermarket triple pass radiator, or just get the stock triple passed. Any overheat issues in the dunes with the 840 kit and stock triple pass radiator? Do you need to get an oil cooler too?

I run 100% water with watter wetter to try and keep the temps down and its not even close to cool enough.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
I have a 840 kit as well and I overheat like crazy. I am wondering if I need to get an aftermarket triple pass radiator, or just get the stock triple passed. Any overheat issues in the dunes with the 840 kit and stock triple pass radiator? Do you need to get an oil cooler too?

I run 100% water with watter wetter to try and keep the temps down and its not even close to cool enough.
i never ran any water wetter or anything like that... ive never had any heat issues with my car in the dunes or anywhere else. first thing i would do is get an aftermarket impeller. dynoray makes a top notch one. second, convert the stock radiator into a triple bypass setup. make sure that your cooling system is bled properly. i ran an oil cooler with aftermarket oil filter. i had 4 qts of oil capacity. i really dont think that had much to do with keeping temps down tho. make sure your gauge is accurate too btw... there was a recent post where the owners gauge was reporting incorrectly...

·
Premium Member
3,607 Posts

Maybe just try regular coolant first. I'm no expert, but just water with water wetter doesn't sound right to me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i never ran any water wetter or anything like that... ive never had any heat issues with my car in the dunes or anywhere else. first thing i would do is get an aftermarket impeller. dynoray makes a top notch one. second, convert the stock radiator into a triple bypass setup. make sure that your cooling system is bled properly. i ran an oil cooler with aftermarket oil filter. i had 4 qts of oil capacity. i really dont think that had much to do with keeping temps down tho. make sure your gauge is accurate too btw... there was a recent post where the owners gauge was reporting incorrectly...
I have an aftermarket impeller already, however I have not ran it with it in yet. I am wondering if the stock radiator is going to be large enough by just triple passing though. But it sounds like yours is working. I have been calling around my local radiator shop and no one knows how to triple pass. Does anyone know of any companies i could send it to? I live in the Sacramento, CA area.

·
Premium Member
3,607 Posts
I have an aftermarket impeller already, however I have not ran it with it in yet. I am wondering if the stock radiator is going to be large enough by just triple passing though. But it sounds like yours is working. I have been calling around my local radiator shop and no one knows how to triple pass. Does anyone know of any companies i could send it to? I live in the Sacramento, CA area.
Check out post #10 in this thread. I'm looking for some more pictures.

·
shunky
144 Posts
check out cbr less money and great product and no mods fit i run 180deg all day
I was looking at cbr, pwr and dmc . are any 1 of these radiators better than the other?

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Old boy with a stroker rhino bought a cbr. In this area the small grid of the rad holes caught a lot of seeds and small trash and clogged up all the time.He took it off and got a tip. May work for you though just something to thank about.

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
Stock triple pass should be just fine, Call Dasa and they can hook you up. Also make 100% sure that all the air is bled out even with a aftermarket radiator this can cause high temps. Good luck, Keep us posted. Chad.:icon_thumleft:

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Old boy with a stroker rhino bought a cbr. In this area the small grid of the rad holes caught a lot of seeds and small trash and clogged up all the time.He took it off and got a tip. May work for you though just something to thank about.

is that mary jane seeds ? i just run sand so no problem with plugging up and great cooling

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Ya he bought the nice one with a oil cooler. Ran cool until it got a lot of junk in it. Said other one is doing well.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
I'm thinking about getting a TCP triple pass radiator to help keep my 08 NRA Teryx cool. Has anybody tried these radiators or know anybody who has?
I would give Long Travel Industries a call about rads, they have done a lot of testing with big HP motors and went away from the triple pass rads they were running as they slowed the coolant flow too much. They have a new design that seems to be really working for them, running 150+HP motors and staying below 200 deg all the time. Same motor's used to run 210's on hot days running hard with triple pass rads.
Ray

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.