Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finishing up an HCR suspension upgrade on our T4, and want to hear from others regarding where you ran and secured your front brake hoses. It doesn't seem like there's enough hose to run the brake hose around the rear of the knuckle like stock. Yet, if you don't anchor the hose to the knuckle, it can flex during tight cornering and possibly contact the wheel.

I appreciate any tips from those that have been down this path! Looking forward to testing out the new ride next week in SW Utah.

Steve

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Here is how I ran mine. I just used a zip tie through the tab on the back side of the A-arm...it's worked great. I also took that metal mounting tab off the line that is hanging down in the first pic....didn't serve a purpose anymore.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. That's exactly where I'm at right now. I just have to be careful with how much hose is between that outboard clamp near the end of the upper arm and the caliper. Thanks for posting the photos.

By the way, where did you mount your shock reservoirs?

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Like this. I used a piece of 1" x 1" square tube steel and welded it into the bracket that the rear seat bolts to. I then used some hose clamps to clamp it on. I had some double sided foam tape laying around that I put between the reservoir and the steel to keep it from rattling and also so it didn't scruff it all up.

I did notice however that depending on how the elbow for the hose is aimed coming out of the shock, it might not work as well as mine did. I put a HCR kit on my Dad's T4 as well, and I had to twist the hose like a pretzel and mount his reservoirs on the bottom of that tube steel, rather than the side. His didn't turn out looking near as clean as mine did and I may figure out a different way to mount them later on.

Reactions: MattN03

·
Big Willie
20 Posts
I did my brake line the same way gotlift01 did dont have a pic at the moment but i will post one later. Also mounted my reservoirs to the tube bed cage.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, Nick! That's one of the two places I was considering using for the rear shock reservoirs.

What about the front? Those seem to be the more challenging reservoirs to mount efficiently on a T4...

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Just drilled a couple holes in that plastic piece and zip tied them to it. They are nice and snug and haven't moved at all since I've installed them.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
i love my LTI kit ;) I ran HCR on my T2 and had the same thing to deal with on the reservoirs. You are going to love their kit though...

·
Big Willie
20 Posts
actually did the same mount as gotlift01 on the front also. Got the idea from his post. What a difference with the lt kit puts these things at another level.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've got a small aux. fuse box on that plastic shroud; so that location might not work well for me. I was going to put the reservoirs just a few inches rearward from that location, but the hoses were hitting the hood as the shocks moved outward. Maybe I'm worrying too much about the hoses, but I don't want them rubbing against anything as the shocks are cycling.

Thanks for the options. I should have everything buttoned up and ready for a test drive this weekend.

·
Big Willie
20 Posts
If you look at the SDR motorsports website they have a blue one in their photo gallery that mounts then to the frame.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I ran my lines like the other guys and mounted the front shocks the same way. I did the rear a bit different though. I mounted the reservoirs to the bed lift with hose clamps. The zip ties were to test it.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the ideas!

I ended up hanging the front reservoirs horizontally on the upper firewall, and welded mounts across the rear of the cargo box supports in the rear. Will have to install the bed lift after we get back from Utah next week.

Added a 1/4" extra preload to the springs due to all the crap I carry. Can't wait to see how she handles now!

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's my Home Depot shade top. It's just outdoor shade fabric from the garden department, attached with a few dozen HD black zip-ties. It would have looked better (looking back) had I removed the foam padding first. It's been on there for about 6 months, and is holding up really well. I especially like how it's transparent to the wind, so it doesn't fill up and distort at speed (49 mph is speed, right?). About $17 worth of materials used (although I had to buy like 25 linear feet to get the 6' I needed).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Looks good!! You are going to absolutely love the long travel!

·
Premium Member
2,123 Posts
Thanks for all the ideas!

I ended up hanging the front reservoirs horizontally on the upper firewall, and welded mounts across the rear of the cargo box supports in the rear. Will have to install the bed lift after we get back from Utah next week.

Added a 1/4" extra preload to the springs due to all the crap I carry. Can't wait to see how she handles now!
What type of pin are you using on the D-ring to 2" shackle mount?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That pin and shackle is a military piece that used to be on the front of my Bronco. I had two of them, and they were really nice when I first got them. Push pin handles were magnesium. Supposedly, you could lift a jeep with 4 of these. My brother used to be a military vehicle collector, and told me those were kind of valuable at the time.

After 15 years of hard wheeling, the handle on one got broken on a rocky waterfall; and the other (good) one got stolen. So, despite the handle being broken off, I still use that quick release military shackle. Wish I had a few more of those...

Reactions: MattN03
1 - 18 of 18 Posts