Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We live in SWFL and are looking for others to ride with and also in the Fredericksburg, Va area. We visit the Fredericksburg area regularly throughout the spring, summer, and fall, but call Cape Coral, FL home. We just got the Teryx4 with a few mods such as upgraded tires and rims to 28's stereo, lights (lots of lights), 6000lbs Black Ops winch, plus more. I had an original Teryx years ago and loved it, so when I was able I got another but went with the 4 seater since there are more in the family now.

I am getting ready to install a lot of the extras and could use some advise on how to run all of the power....

·
Administrator
4,394 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, so I have a question, I just bought a bunch of adds such as lights, winch, ect., will they come with inline fuses, if not how do I go about find out the amperage of said items?

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
575 Posts
Thanks, so I have a question, I just bought a bunch of adds such as lights, winch, ect., will they come with inline fuses, if not how do I go about find out the amperage of said items?
I used a marine fuse block with a separate solenoid for most of my accessories, but I wish that I would have went with the Brute Performance set up for a cleaner look. Check out their accessory fuse block to make install easier and cleaner. I have all of my accessories through a key on source except my USB plug for the tablet/GPS, but you can separate them if you want some to power with the key off. My winch is direct to the battery, everything else is run through the fuse block. If you are running a bunch of lights and a stereo, etc. that may be running at the same time or with the key off, you may want to look into a dual battery set-up. Most people set up a second battery under the drivers seat with an isolator, there is lots of info available online about this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used a marine fuse block with a separate solenoid for most of my accessories, but I wish that I would have went with the Brute Performance set up for a cleaner look. Check out their accessory fuse block to make install easier and cleaner. I have all of my accessories through a key on source except my USB plug for the tablet/GPS, but you can separate them if you want some to power with the key off. My winch is direct to the battery, everything else is run through the fuse block. If you are running a bunch of lights and a stereo, etc. that may be running at the same time or with the key off, you may want to look into a dual battery set-up. Most people set up a second battery under the drivers seat with an isolator, there is lots of info available online about this.
I was thinking about a dual battery, but I will not be running lights and radio when I am using the winch so I figure a single battery should be more that enough. If I find it isn't I can always add it later. I already spent way to much on the unit already another 3oo to 400 bucks, plus the time it will take to install it can wait.

I like how the Brute Performance has the option for keyed and direct power all in the unit itself. I think I will have to go with that option. I would like to have my GPS not on the key so I can mess with it with the key off.

I am also looking for a place to additional rocker switches as I have ran out of room on the dash with the cut outs that Kawasaki provides. I have a 2, 4, and 8 rocker switch plate, but do not have any clue as to where I am going to install it, any ideas?

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
575 Posts
I like how the Brute Performance has the option for keyed and direct power all in the unit itself. I think I will have to go with that option. I would like to have my GPS not on the key so I can mess with it with the key off.

I am also looking for a place to additional rocker switches as I have ran out of room on the dash with the cut outs that Kawasaki provides. I have a 2, 4, and 8 rocker switch plate, but do not have any clue as to where I am going to install it, any ideas?
Yeah, I like the GPS being on key off power so that it doesn't turn off and reset every time you stop for a break along the trail. Plus, those breaks are when I am usually messing with the maps on it anyway.
There is a guy on Facebook named Warren Remig that sells plastic panels that go in the cubby holes in the dash that can be used for more switches. There are options for both the odd shaped cubbies and the rectangular ones. Those cubbies are pretty useless as they are so it's a good place for switches. Most people buy them through Facebook I think, but this is the only place that I know of to get them otherwise. That won't help if you already have the switch panels to use, but it is an option.

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,589 Posts
We live in SWFL and are looking for others to ride with and also in the Fredericksburg, Va area. We visit the Fredericksburg area regularly throughout the spring, summer, and fall, but call Cape Coral, FL home. We just got the Teryx4 with a few mods such as upgraded tires and rims to 28's stereo, lights (lots of lights), 6000lbs Black Ops winch, plus more. I had an original Teryx years ago and loved it, so when I was able I got another but went with the 4 seater since there are more in the family now.

I am getting ready to install a lot of the extras and could use some advise on how to run all of the power....
I live about 30 minutes outside of Fredericksburg, but I do most of my riding in West Virginia. There aren't many good places to ride locally unless you know someone with some land.

Check out https://www.riderplanet-usa.com/ to find places to ride. Welcome to the Forum!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts