Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm new to the forum. What a great place for information on the Rhino!

I have been looking at getting a new 2008 Rhino with FI. I like what I have been reading about them and they seem like a better machine than the earlier versions. I recently had a chance to try out the Teryx and I must say I am impressed. Now I can't decide which one to get. I don't like the fact that the Teryx is still a carb machine when FI is available. It is also heavier than the Rhino. I have read countless reviews of both machines and still can't make up my mind which one to get. Anyone want to share their opinions? Anyone try both and prefer one of them? They both look like great machines.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I got the Teryx for the V-twin powerplant. It is a Hoss of a machine, the rear sealed brake is great for wet places, the front diff lock is a gradual-lock if you dont want to lock all the way. The power is better on the Teryx than the Rhino. The Rhino is a good machine too. If you want FI get the Rhino, if you want "Brute Force" get the Teryx.

·
Vendor
55 Posts
The teryx has a very good engine platform that has many great engine packages available. If you like fast,or if you are the type that likes to say"this thing is fast"...you get the teryx. If power doesn't matter much for your situation,and you are intending to leave it stock and have your wife and kids ride it a lot anyway,the rhino is a nice family machine and a good vehicle particularly if you get one of the newer ones. Everybody has different reasons for buying.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I had a 07 rhino that I traded for this teryx and would do it again in a heartbeat..

·
Registered
66 Posts
for work trail and mud I dont think you can beat the Teryx...I traded my Rhino for mine and let me tell you the low end grunt of the v-twin makes all the difference when working and in the mud....

·
Registered
145 Posts
teryx

i have a 07 rhino with brp cdi hmf pipe epi clutch a jet kit 30 inch xxls no problems yet and it has seen some mud just got my teryx a few days ago with dragonfire duel exhaust and ignition system and that thing is fast havent hit any mud yet for one need to break it in one flaw ive seen so far is where the intake is for the belt im going to snorkel it befor i hit the mud and also the ride is alot smoother on my rhino seems like the teryx wants to porpus alot havent tryd to adjust the shocks yet to see if it helps but so far im happy with the teryx because i love speed and it has all the power and soon as you hit the gas its there instantly

·
Registered
182 Posts
I had use of a Rhino 660 for several weeks....then lost that use and had to buy Rhino or Teryx. It was tough deciding, but bought the Teryx. After a couple of hours on the Teryx....am I ever glad I decided for it. Although the Rhino was pretty good....I do like the Teryx better.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i got serval buddys with rhinos.. i was the first to go buy the teryx .i rode in the rhino buches of times with my buddys and drove the hell out of them..there damm good machines ..but hold on the teryx is not even in the same class just go get one u will see diffrence..the kaw is just better built look at the size of steering parts axles and so on the chassis is narrow but the a arms r longer for better ride and control we have put both unit side by side and compard them rhino has wide chassis but short a arms ..i'm not dogging out yamaha at all its all what u going to do with it i guess...and the mud mine rips and have had it over bed deep in water this past weekend no problems just good times....yes i got snorkled for deep water..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts